The Destiny Effect - By Micheal Kras

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
Well, well, well... Dee Christopher Does Review. Are you ready?! :p

The Destiny Effect

This is something that when Mike mentioned it during it's inception that created a swarm of speculation...

It can't possibly be real! You are making it up! Where's a video you liar boy!

Hark! There is a manuscript!

I received this in my inbox perhaps a week ago and had a nice read through the ebook...

I will say this, it is a devilishly clever effect, very bold, very back to basics in method, but awfully clever.

The effect is this; You will approach someone, you begin performing and do a couple of lovely card tricks - Perhaps one of these ambitious card effects all you kids are doing these days!

Then you break it down, you offer something a bit more intimate... Asking someone in the back of the crowd to whom you are performing to name any card that pops into their mind... Y

ou spread through the deck face up to find said card and ask one of your other spectator's their name, perhaps the young lady that reacted so well to the voodoo ash effect you performed mid routine...

"What is your name, my sweet?" You will ask in gentle, charming tone (have I gone OTT yet?:p)

In her letting everyone in on her first name you flip the card in your hand revealing her name written on the back, in fact, the card could be flipped just as she opens her mouth - No sound need escape!

The deck is spread revealing different names on all the backs of the other cards, the deck could be examined if necessary...

Ok, So the method... It's very, very simple, you won't be able to perform this to everyone in the world as cleanly as described, but you will be able to find a way using the concept to perform to anyone with a bit of work - Perhaps I'll put a supplement to Mike's book to make this possible.

He does include EVERYTHING you need to know to make the Destiny deck and go out and perform it the very same day. Very concise instruction, very workable method and a super hard hitting effect.

I, myself was truly intrigued by this when the threads first started popping up and I can honestly say that this effect is as good and as clean as it sounds.

There's lots of room for creativity, you could put any words on the backs, numbers, anything is possible with the concept.

This is a great little ebook... We'll see if it ever gets released to the mainstream, if so, it's worth the spending of a few pence to buy these works for sure!

I must note actually, that there's no secret writing, it's just the pre-prepared cards and you are set.

So, I'll give this the MindLapse stamp of approval! I rate it an easy 9/10 for the sheer workability and impossibility of the effect. Great work Micheal, I look forward to seeing more...

D.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Sounds awesome.

People always g oon about the limitations of these types of effects- 'You can't do it for everybody!'

No, you probably cannot, but theres a good chance you have fifty two possible chances of being able to do it, at any given time, so... be brave!

Hows about firing one my way, Mike?

CL

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
Wow, thank you for the excellent review Dee! I'm happy you like my effect.

No, this cannot be performed for anyone, anywhere, but if you prepare the deck in the manner described in the manuscript, you will have TONS of opportunities to perform this for, say, the guests at the restaurant at which you are house magician. It's a worker, and is something I've been working on nearly non stop.

Sep 2, 2007
Michael sent me this during the controvosy of it. I love it. it is GREAT for restaraunt work because the chances of all of the people at the table NOT ebing able to take part are almost zero. Anyways. if he decides to release this., BUY IT

D

Deleted member 2755

That makes me want to get this at one point. ;) Sounds good. Glad to see the effect is real and workable. Shows that anything in the magic industry is possible. You just need the creative mind to do that and it seems to me that Kras has that creative mind. Way to go man and I look forward to possibly getting this at some point.

-Doug

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
This may be released sooner than expected! I've been talking for a long time with eMagic Supply on the possibility of releasing it and it has finally been greenlighted! Look for it soon... I will keep you posted. It should be up within the next few months. (Quality can't be rushed now!)

Sep 1, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
Well, well, well... Dee Christopher Does Review. Are you ready?! :p

The Destiny Effect

This is something that when Mike mentioned it during it's inception that created a swarm of speculation...

It can't possibly be real! You are making it up! Where's a video you liar boy!

Hark! There is a manuscript!

I received this in my inbox perhaps a week ago and had a nice read through the ebook...

I will say this, it is a devilishly clever effect, very bold, very back to basics in method, but awfully clever.

The effect is this; You will approach someone, you begin performing and do a couple of lovely card tricks - Perhaps one of these ambitious card effects all you kids are doing these days!

Then you break it down, you offer something a bit more intimate... Asking someone in the back of the crowd to whom you are performing to name any card that pops into their mind... Y

ou spread through the deck face up to find said card and ask one of your other spectator's their name, perhaps the young lady that reacted so well to the voodoo ash effect you performed mid routine...

"What is your name, my sweet?" You will ask in gentle, charming tone (have I gone OTT yet?:p)

In her letting everyone in on her first name you flip the card in your hand revealing her name written on the back, in fact, the card could be flipped just as she opens her mouth - No sound need escape!

The deck is spread revealing different names on all the backs of the other cards, the deck could be examined if necessary...

Ok, So the method... It's very, very simple, you won't be able to perform this to everyone in the world as cleanly as described, but you will be able to find a way using the concept to perform to anyone with a bit of work - Perhaps I'll put a supplement to Mike's book to make this possible.

He does include EVERYTHING you need to know to make the Destiny deck and go out and perform it the very same day. Very concise instruction, very workable method and a super hard hitting effect.

I, myself was truly intrigued by this when the threads first started popping up and I can honestly say that this effect is as good and as clean as it sounds.

There's lots of room for creativity, you could put any words on the backs, numbers, anything is possible with the concept.

This is a great little ebook... We'll see if it ever gets released to the mainstream, if so, it's worth the spending of a few pence to buy these works for sure!

I must note actually, that there's no secret writing, it's just the pre-prepared cards and you are set.

So, I'll give this the MindLapse stamp of approval! I rate it an easy 9/10 for the sheer workability and impossibility of the effect. Great work Micheal, I look forward to seeing more...

D.

This obviously has more potential and potential uses but Sankey has a wonderful impromptu effect in which a specs name is written on the back of a card that you have never met. I cant remember which dvd though...

Jan 19, 2008
I recently got this and i must say it is quite clever! The whole concept and how it works out perfectly is actually pretty cool! Although it is not fully orignial, he does give credit where credit is due, but the application from this principle to this is quite nice! I believe he gives 3 methods to achevie this some more "impromtu" then others. And easier and harder!

The only thing i dont like is you only get so many names to use with this...although a LOT but theres still always that chance of it not being there! But still very cool effect.

Will i use this? I think so yes! If you meet someone for the first time this is a great opener and a great effect, so impossible and for 7or 8 bucks you cant go wrong!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results