The Essentials - Coming May 2009

Jan 1, 2009
Ever since I've been on these forums, most of you members are always giving back to the community, I am one of those that really hasn't ever given back to the community at all, so I came with the idea of The Essentials, a way for me to give back to the community. In May 2009 I will release The Essentials. The Essentials is going to be a 100% free video file that will include 5 flourishes from a beginning to advanced level all taught in complete detail. It will include 1-2 hours of flourishing. One of the flourishes that will be in the Essentials is Airborne which can be see here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zJFwwWrvt8&feature=channel_page

(Note at the end of the airborne video is says the tutorial is out, but it will actually be released in the essentials video release.)

I have already began with a preview of the whole project and will most likely post a teaser soon. The Essentials is already 45 minutes long and I haven't even finished all the filming/tutorial parts, so I am thinking I will release it in parts on my you tube channel, due to the size of The Essentials. Only time will tell though. Questions and suggestions are welcome.

All Flourishes that will be on The Essentials are made by me, and will be 100% original. Enjoy!

---Magic Maker

100% Free 100% Original---The Essentials---May 2009

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 1, 2009
that would be nice. I'm not finished filming quite yet, but when I am I'll send you all the raw video. Maybe 1-2 weeks.

Jan 1, 2009
yeah tumbleweed I was thinking of that, and was gonna make a zip file, but I'm still thinking about what would be easier for people.

Jan 1, 2009
*Update*---3/23/09
The teaser video will be released April 2nd and The Essentials will include 5 Flourishes, , 2 Ace Productions, 2 "Pen Tricks", and 1 trick. More details are soon to come.

Personally I think that flourish was rather beginner and I wouldn't even download a free tutorial.

If you've ever watched a flourishing video and you compare that cut to some of the stuff you see, it's just not appealing. There is numerous more aerials that are far better and cleaner for that matter.

I see you've put a lot of time into this and I'm not telling you to stop, it's just that flourish wasn't great, it wasn't even good. Those are my thoughts.

Good luck with it,
-RA69

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
Personally I think that flourish was rather beginner and I wouldn't even download a free tutorial.

If you've ever watched a flourishing video and you compare that cut to some of the stuff you see, it's just not appealing. There is numerous more aerials that are far better and cleaner for that matter.

I see you've put a lot of time into this and I'm not telling you to stop, it's just that flourish wasn't great, it wasn't even good. Those are my thoughts.

Good luck with it,
-RA69

I wholeheartedly agree. In fact, these were exactly my thoughts - when I first read your post, I was in a rush, therefore I did not post.

It sounds like a good idea and can benefit a great number of beginners.

Sep 20, 2008
i think the flourish as a whole was quite solid- though it didnt look like he had the move down flawlessly himself. Much like dan buck releasing pandora when he could barely do it.

Anyways, i always give a Go-signal for Flourish tutorials, and like RA said, if youve put a lot of time and effort, release it. if you feel that there's room for improvement, dont be afraid to push the date back a bit.

Jan 1, 2009
I worked on airborne a lot and i think you like the end result, its gone a longs ways from the beginning stages on that video. Only time will tell though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 1, 2009
The Teaser Video Coming-- April 6th

I said before I would release it on the 2nd(today), but I'm pushing it back 4 days due to some technical issues.

Just to give you guys some more info. The Essentials Will Include:

(names), then difficulty 1-5 (1 being easy, and 5 being the hardest.)

5 Flourishes

1. Airborne Difficulty:4/5
2. Shifty Difficulty:3/5
3. Avalanche v1. & v2 Difficulty:2.5/5
4. Flight 808 Difficulty:5/5
5. Triple Triangle Display v1. & v2. Difficulty:2/5

2 Pen Flourishes

1. Laws of Gravity v1. & v2 Difficulty:3/5
2. Twistables Difficulty:3/5

2 Ace Productions

1. Intermediate/Advance Ace Production Difficulty:4/5
2. Beginners Ace Production Difficulty:1/5

1 Trick

1.Escape! Difficulty:2/5

The actual finished thing is still planned to be released in May, hopefully early/mid may.

Sep 3, 2007

Good luck with it,
-RA69

After all, how hard is it to flip a packet of cards horizontally? It is not like a new revelation. It should not be marketed from my point of view. Others may disagree, but at least I said my piece. (Not even a flourisher here).

Jan 1, 2009
Sir FansAlot

I was just trying to be nice by giving out some free tutorials of a whole range of things in the magic world. Instead of releasing them one by one like most people do, if they do. I wasn't trying to market it, more as keep people updated. I just wanted to give back to the community since you guys have been so good to me, even though most of you probably don't know who I am.

On to another note. The whole vibe I'm getting from all these posts in a nut shell is "your really not that good, actually kinda of terrible, and shouldn't be making videos." If most of you guys think that then it must be true. I had no idea i was really that bad.

Sep 3, 2007
Yes everything in the essentials is shot with an HD camera. thanks for pointing that out.

Are you affiliated with magic makers corp? It is purely out of curiosity. And you are not bad with the flourish/cut. But it is hard to see originality behind it. In my perspective, it should be a crime to pass out tutorials that are not original. Wouldn't you agree?

Sep 3, 2007
Whats magic makers corp? How is airborne not original?

Magic Makers is a company that many magicians became upset with due to their questionable business ethics. I am not belittling you in any way but it is not completely original because many have used the same technique.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results