The Extractor by Rob Bromely and Peter Nardi

Sep 2, 2007
Rated on a scale from 'horrid! to PWN!'
(I will put an approximate /10 score to help people onto my rating system)
The officially official explanation:

"The Extractor is the latest brainchild of mad genius Rob Bromley. Refined and streamlined over the last year by Rob and Peter Nardi, this fabulous utility item is now ready to be unleashed to the magic community.

Up until the 2008 Blackpool Convention only five people had ever seen the final Extractor gimmick. Then, at that convention, Peter demonstrated the power of The Extractor by performing his signature effect - "Impossible Card to Pocket." This incredible trick was the talk of the convention and the exciting news is that Peter's trick is just the tip of the iceberg...

The Extractor is a true utility item for the astute magician and each unit is painstakingly hand-made by Rob and is a piece of master-craftsmanship. The card effects possible with The Extractor are only limited by your own imagination.

Your Extractor comes complete with an in-depth companion DVD full of tips and effects by Peter Nardi, Mark Elsdon, Gary Jones, Chris Harding and Chris Congreave. The effects include Peter's signature effect mentioned earlier, Mark's show-stopper version of 'Harry In Your Pocket', an unbelievable red and blue deck transposition/prediction guaranteed to melt your audiences' brains, plus fantastic handlings of card to wallet, card to spectator's pocket, card to shoe, in fact, card to almost anywhere!

As with our recent Riser Deck, due to the complexity of the Extractor's construction, it won't always be in huge supply, so don't miss out on your chance to own one of the effects of the year and one that has baffled some of the top magicians in the world. " (http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/the-e...8.html?zenid=2d9ca3b410dd7748ec10535b081543a0)

DEMO(s)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzJ420lzEY0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipttHhdofi8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPspUNbu86Q

First thoughts:
When I first got the package I looked at it and thought 'this is it?" then I gave it closer examination, and it is amazingly well thought out. there is absolutely no catching in the gimmick etc.
First thoughts: Meh. (approx 4/10)

DVD: the DVD is good quality, and is quite hilarious. my only qualm with it is that it didn;t seem very well scripted. they drop cards etc. a couple of times which I found a little unprofessional. The DVD's text etc. didn;t quite fit on my screen... there was at least a centimeter on each side that was cut off. which was annoying.
thought: pretty sweet (approx 6.5/10)

Gimmick: The gimmick is solid, though it feels a little light, but thats alright. The gimmick is also ingenious and simple in it's construction. It's about the size
Thought: awesome (approx. 8/10)

effect: the DVD teaches a few effects. they are simple, yet powerful. my personal faveorite is the card to pocket, or the impossible prediction.
thoughts: PWN! (approx. 10/10)

Overall:

Overall, this gimmick and DVD bundle is a must have! The only set back is: about 90 bucks, and the DVD does not have a proper case. Otherwaise, this products gets a stomp of: Post-Awesomeness.5 (approx. 9.5/10)

Last edited by a moderator:

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
I agree - Aside from Nardi being a sexy biatch, the gimmick is AWESOME. simply put, for anyone unsure of whether they want this or not....

You can have your spectator push their card ANYWHERE in a BOXED deck. There is no physical way you could do any fancy cuts or controls, yet you can then show their card to be anywhere else.. (within reason...)

It's a phenomenal tool and I can't recommend it enough!

D.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Just had my first live look at the extractor today... VERY nice!

A lot more fun than the riser deck, and there ar sooooo many applications. I like the idea of a very straight routine.

-Spec shuffles deck.
-Spec takes any card she likes.
-puishes it back into the deck anywhere she likes.
-Deck is put away.
-card is immediately revealed.

Reads dry, but imagine how impossible that would be...

Very nice gimmick, but then, it's Bromley, innit.

CL

Sep 2, 2007
ummm, probably not. It's pretty much a perfected gimmick. if you buy one and after a year or two you need a new one, you can take it aopart and try to make your own based off of the design.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
Nah, I doubt it's possible to construct it yourself, not to the quality of a bought one. It's worth every penny if you're a card guy though, or someone who'd like to be able to kill with a deck of cards but doesn't have the time to learn millions of hot sleights!

D.

Jan 19, 2008
ummm, probably not. It's pretty much a perfected gimmick. if you buy one and after a year or two you need a new one, you can take it aopart and try to make your own based off of the design.

Where did you get it? I will probably pick this up soon as it looks good! Any clothing requirements?

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
It's completely self contained and you can get it from www.alakazam.co.uk or if you're in the states, www.alakazam-usa.com most magic shops will be able to get hold of it though.

It's not cheap at £50, but it's a hard wearing very versatile gimmick.

I like the idea of using it as the ultimate peek, having a spectator push their card anywhere in a boxed deck of cards and you can peek it's value... Mmmm... It's lovely!

D.

Sep 2, 2007
there are slight clothing restrictions. You do not need a lbazer/formal jacket thoguh.

Apr 27, 2008
I just got The Prophecy a few weeks ago by Peter Eggink and the actual gimmick is something I did not expect. Now you are probably wondering why I said something about this. The reason why is because I used the Extractor and this is such a better Prophecy or card to pocket effect than I could ever imagine. I actually use a special gimmicked pen of mine that changes the ink so it goes from black to blue and it looks like a true prediction. I highly recommend also.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results