The Guardians have a dirty little secret

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2007
I don't call making an assumption based upon reasonable evidence stereotyping.

He didn't like the cards and said why. If you disagreed with the points, then just say so. I didn't get the impression of him being a fanboy at all. But maybe that's because I do something really crazy: I actually talk to people.

Aug 31, 2007
Perhaps you should read his others posts and rants (and not just on this board).

"E was founded with one person and a goal who found others that had that same vision and went from there. T11 is starting with a big group of already ego driven performers, can anyone say "uh oh"? All of these guys have a reputation to fighting or playing dirty at times... let the games begin, I'll grab the pop corn!"

"oy! Time to chime in I guess. T11, to me is offensive... hands down. No I havent been at E for long.. but I know business. Exactly what is T11 doing that is original again? Cause to me it looks like a bunch of whiney magicians decided that they wanted more for what they do when they dont deserve it. I know buiness and this is a move seen regularly .... "Et Tu Brute?" (for those who read, you'll appreciate that). I scowerd the site for about an hour and saw nothing but hacked ideas and hurt feelings. Even down to Kenner making fun of Dan Garcia... ask yourself why that video is there, hmmmm prolly cause Dan stayed with E? Thats my safe bet. I will say, wayne thru me off, didn't see that one coming, but i honestly see him going as well (in the career sense). Frankley I can't stand to see back stabbing, or more so ripping off ideas. Isn't that like one of the "theorys of magic?", no? ok it should be... If these guys are acting this way now... what do you think customer service is going to look like? Leadership leads by example. E has nothing to worry about, because what E has you can't buy, make, or sell... they have proven time and time again they really care about the customer.. .are they perfect? no, but they honestly try and i don't think anyone would dispute that. I'm sticking around and forget the fly by nights :)"

He had his opinion before all this happened. Next time you do your checking before you go "at least I talk to people" on me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
He had his opinion before all this happened. Next time you do your checking before you go "at least I talk to people" on me.

I never claimed to agree with everything he said. I only said that I don't consider him a fanboy. Believe me, I've seen far worse than this. Truthfully, I can count the number of people in this thread, regardless of whose side they're on, who can claim innocence on one hand.

Either way, it does not change my point that on message boards, the magic community shows its best and its worst. And frankly, I'm more than a little disappointed with this place. You indirectly complained earlier about the moderation of Ellusionist. At least their moderators actually so something. These boards are a zoo. If you don't like the threadstarter, fine. But I'm more disgusted with the way magicians on the internet conduct themselves in general than anything else.

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Guys,

I'm going to close this thread. Please note that it isn't closed due to any "review", but rather some unprofessional conduct-- as well as the members' request. We abide by the philosophy that the vast majority of our members are professional, courteous, and respectful enough to resolve issues directly on the board. We only intervene when this is not followed, and this is how we feel in this case. We of course welcome all feedback and opinions-- positive or negative. It's how we improve and evolve, and it's essential to the forward movement of this site and this artform. That said, this must be done in a way that is professional, courteous, and respectful to eachother.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results