The Karnival Deck?

Nov 10, 2008
Upstate NY
Has anyone used these thing, I find they look great

3D%20Karnival%20Deck%20Image.jpg

Karnival_Back2.jpg

Karnival_Ace2.jpg

Karnival_Joker2.jpg

I just thought they looked pretty cool, and wonder what the quality is. I couldn't find any other posts on this, so I decided to put a thread up. Their by French artist Sam Hayles

Nov 23, 2007
NC
Are they sold out? Are they printing more?
You can get these at Big Blind Media. They are very good. Not my favorate but I like them a lot.

Besides the cool graphics they are:
One ways.
The Barcode on the case has a "hidden" Seven Of Spades
You get a double backer.
One of the Jokers has a 3 Of Hearts in his hand

I'm going to order another deck later. I'll let you know if there are any issues.

they are good, I'm not gonna lie. But the problem is it's too expensive. I can buy a Viper deck from E w/ that amount w/ better quality and finish (and yes, I own the 1st edition of the deck.)

It's funny... to me, cards are cards. I've handled everything from standard Bikes to Tallies to Jerry Nuggets to the countless exclusive decks sold on E and T11. To tell you the truth, I really haven't noticed much of a difference in feel or card stock. Any subtle difference seems so subtle, it's really negligible. I can't help but feel everyone's talking Placebo effect when they discuss the outstanding durability and finish on different decks. To me, they're all the same...

I purchase decks for the design appeal. If it's something attractive, I'll get it. Otherwise, it's just another deck. With that said, I recently bought a brick of the Karnivals. I'm sure I'll enjoy them.

RS.

Jun 24, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
It's funny... to me, cards are cards. I've handled everything from standard Bikes to Tallies to Jerry Nuggets to the countless exclusive decks sold on E and T11. To tell you the truth, I really haven't noticed much of a difference in feel or card stock. Any subtle difference seems so subtle, it's really negligible. I can't help but feel everyone's talking Placebo effect when they discuss the outstanding durability and finish on different decks. To me, they're all the same...

I purchase decks for the design appeal. If it's something attractive, I'll get it. Otherwise, it's just another deck. With that said, I recently bought a brick of the Karnivals. I'm sure I'll enjoy them.

RS.

The design - is the majority of the reason why I buy cards as well. It's the reason I finally bit the bullet and bought some Karnivals today. Propaganda has been one of my favorite decks, which shocks me because I didn't expect that at all.

Nov 1, 2008
These decks are fine - standard bike stock. So if you like the design and bikes, grab em up!

Somehow after all the decks I get, play with, try out - I always come back to bikes. A pack of polished Tallys feel like a million bucks but I end up liking the slightly thinner stock and finish of Bikes.

Hey most of the card guys around here have a deck in our hands at one point or another every day - you might as well find a design that suits you and one that handles well.

If you like bikes - Richard Turner just put out some new Bicycles that he calls Gold Seal Bicycles. They are printed on Bee stock, the printing is dead on (if youve bought bikes in the last few years you know thats not the norm) and the edges are traditionally cut from the face. If you can one-hand shuffle this makes it easy face down like it would if the deck were face up. http://richardturner52.com/cards-games/bicycle-cards/

Nov 23, 2007
NC
If you like bikes - Richard Turner just put out some new Bicycles that he calls Gold Seal Bicycles. They are printed on Bee stock, the printing is dead on (if youve bought bikes in the last few years you know thats not the norm) and the edges are traditionally cut from the face. If you can one-hand shuffle this makes it easy face down like it would if the deck were face up. http://richardturner52.com/cards-games/bicycle-cards/
Dang. Buy one get one free. Thats $2.50 a deck for these fine cards. Shippings a little
steep for those outside the US at $40.00.
To tell you the truth, I really haven't noticed much of a difference in feel or card stock. Any subtle difference seems so subtle, it's really negligible. I can't help but feel everyone's talking Placebo effect when they discuss the outstanding durability and finish on different decks. To me, they're all the same...
Some of the differences are subtle but I often find the handling characteristics to be very different. You take a deck of brown Wynn's, a deck of Aviators, and a deck of Centurions and you will see differences in how these cards handle amongst each other. I also prefer some finishes over others and I am no card shark compared to some on here.

Almost forgot...shout out to the brown Wynn's.:D

Nov 1, 2008
I wonder how different the Brown Wynns are from the red ones? I was in Vegas a few weeks back and bought pretty much all of their red Wynn decks up - super thick papery stock. Handle nice but wear badly, being papery, in my opinion. Unlike Bee's which I feel are more plastic-y and indestructible.

Incidentally i grabbed a handful of decks from the Wynn gift shop that had a Bee all-back pattern (no logo) with a large index face, on the heavy Wynn stock. Interesting cards...

Jan 7, 2009
hmm i think the quality are only just okay but the design is great! I own 2 of them. i dun think they are expensive though, i bought them for 12 Singapore Dollars each and am maybe buying more.:D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results