the most application sleight ? clipshift /popover/distrubtion technique/pass?

Oct 1, 2010
how ever i mastered the clipshift and pass i dont do popover will i need alot of misdirection and the distrubtion technique cant do it at all cuz i dont buy the dvd :D tell me what is the most useful sleight

Jul 5, 2010
BEHIND YOU
how ever i mastered the clipshift and pass i dont do popover will i need alot of misdirection and the distrubtion technique cant do it at all cuz i dont buy the dvd :D tell me what is the most useful sleight

Definetly The Pass, I use it all the time. It took me maybe a year to master it but is well worth it.

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Learn everything you can, sample it all, pick what works for you, and perfect that.

You haven't mastered the clipshift, you may be decent at doing the clipshift the way you do it. There is no such thing as having something mastered or perfected. You only kid yourself. Perfection is the impossible ideal that we can always try for.

If you choose a sleight, have at it for the rest of your life. Work on it every day. When you think it is perfect, keep working. One day you will find a small something that works better, and your journey will start all over again.

Keep on keeping on.

L

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Top Palm, One Handed top palm, Left hand bottom palm, right hand bottom palm. Zarrow Shuffle. Optical Shuffle.

Those sleights along with the top change could be used to serve anybody for a life time.

Jun 10, 2010
Top Palm, One Handed top palm, Left hand bottom palm, right hand bottom palm. Zarrow Shuffle. Optical Shuffle.

Those sleights along with the top change could be used to serve anybody for a life time.

Left hand bottom palm? Out of Erdnase? If you're talking about the Bottom palm - first method.. eek. There's like, no way to hide your pinky flutter as it swivels the card into the palm.. There's more invisible methods to palming a card in your left hand from the bottom, like a Gambler's cop or a palm transfer from the right hand.

But for the most part, yes. If you know how to structure effects and you can palm and false shuffle, there are so many things you can do. But I wouldn't go so far as saying it could be used to serve anybody for a lifetime.

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
Double Lift
CULLING!
Pass, I prefer the Dribble Pass
Erdnase Color Change
Shapeshifter Color Change
Shake Change
Pinky Count
Double Under Cut
Diagonal Palm Shift
Gambler's cop
Top Palm
Bottom Palm
Top Change
Elmsley Count
Biddle Count
Side Steal
A couple good false cuts

I remember when I first started out I just practiced sleights...did not really practice the sleights in routines at all. HUGE mistake.

These I use in a lot of card effects and I get a ton of mileage with just these sleights

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 14, 2008
I strongly agreed with you. I can't use the Distrubition Technique, so as a result, I gave up because it is a bit of angle sensitive. Blindside462 has some good sleights.

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Elmsley Count
Biddle Count
Top Change
DOUBLE LIFT
Classic/jiggle/riffle pass
Shapeshifter color change
Erdnase color change
Ego color change
Riffle force
Classic force
Double undercut
second deal
Mercury card fold

These are the sleights I use probably every day

Oh, and did I mention DOUBLE LIFT?! ha ha

Left hand bottom palm? Out of Erdnase? If you're talking about the Bottom palm - first method.. eek. There's like, no way to hide your pinky flutter as it swivels the card into the palm.. There's more invisible methods to palming a card in your left hand from the bottom.

You doubt erdnase?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX1C8g1bWN8

@ 1:05. Straight from Expert at the Card Table. Dont disrespect the king.

As NATO would say, "An attack on one part of Erdnase, is an attack on all of Erdnase. Consequently they agree that, if such an attack occurs, each of them, in exercise of the right of individual or collective self-defence will assist the edition of Erdnase being attacked, individually and in concert with the other Editions, with such action as it deems necessary, including the use of armed force, to restore and maintain the security of the importance of Erdnase to the history of everything related to cards."

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Lawl at people claiming to have mastered the pass.

And to RK... again... 10 points awarded for another useless post. The OP is not asking for a list of the sleights you can do, he was asking for which sleights are proven to be the most useful, and most likely hoping for an explanation. Is it too much to ask for you to realize that not all posts have to be about how amazing you are and everything you can do?

Back to the OP: It is hard to say which sleight is the most useful. The DL certainly is useful, but the problem with it is that many newer magicians will tend to depend on it too much, use it as a crutch, etc... Many sleights can be turned into mini-effects, therefor can be seen as very useful. However, what you will find it that, you need a decent control, maybe a decent force, a false display, a multiple card turnover, and perhaps a color change. Putting these together to form an infinite number of combinations is what makes an effect possible.

Try to avoid the mindset of, "if I can do this one sleight, I will be gold!" There is a time and place for everything, and sure, some sleights have a limited number of those "times" (IE the clipshift IMO is totally worthless), but studying to understand when and where to use which technique is the only advice that I think is worth following right now.

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
tokyoUW I did not mean for it to seem like that. I cannot decide on a most useful sleight. That is why I listed the ones that are most useful to me. Everyone will be different. Those are the sleights I use on an everyday basis and that are the most useful to me. It is hard to just decide on one but I guess if I had to, I would have to say DL.

Oh yeah and I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Bluff Pass or Tilt. Those are awesome too. I don't know about most useful but definitely awesome!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results