The "My-Original-_______" List

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
The idea is to have ONE thread with everyone's original tricks/ideas/sleights.

Please post a link to a video of the thing you want displayed in this thread.

Please don't ruin this thread by filling it with worthless spam.

==============================
THE LIST
---------------------last updated: 09/29/2008
==============================

001. be the first to submit one! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand why will anybody put the effects they created on a thread like this. People will look at the thread and steal any idea they want because it is not from a well knowned magician that actually can put them in trouble for that. Personally I don't put my own original effects online unless I decide to publish it. So the only way that someone can see my own effects is by meeting me in person.

This is just my opinion, I dont know about you guys.

The Illusionist

Sep 15, 2008
If I understand correctly, you are asking for original routines and a link to the video.

If that's true, here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49nt7jrBlY4

The effect is a sandwich routine with a kicker ending.

I named the routine "Process of Elimination" and it can be found in the upcoming February 2009 Issue of Magic Magazine in Joshua Jay's Column "Talk About Tricks."

Sep 20, 2008
^ ive been using that routine, (with permission of course) and it doesnt quite kick it with me for some odd reason.

ive had the "well i didnt want the four queens. (or two's.. or whatever) answer and im just like.. "Welll you got them as well, so stop complaining!"

but anyways, i think that particular kicker at the ending affects magicians more than Laymen. Just a thought.

ANYWHO:

Uhh, ive got an original variation to DnD's werm? an original ACR routine, and sandwich effect..

and an ACR that involves four cards?

3 spectators choose three different cards, placed seperately in the deck, my personal chosen card 'vanished' in the deck, then i find all three spectator's cards... and my chosen card. in a flash.

kay, that sounds confusing. i think i'll make a video.

Mar 29, 2008
So that is being published in Magic mag? Hmm.

Well - I love some of the handling at the start, and using instant replay is sweet - but I think you may get better reactions if you didn't violate some simple logical rules when going back to the deck....but what do I know?

I use an ending credited to Bill Goodwin where the ending is exactly the same, but he uses a jinx switch at the end...which maintains the no touch principle - as you go back to the deck TWICE at the end...but even once is too many for the change.

Last advice - learn the pinky count. Thanks for sharing - neat sandwich effect.

As for Sinful's comment - I find Sandwich effects don't make sense to lay audiences..."Why are we using two card to find one"? It is not really justified...I think it appears mostly as a puzzle and not magical.

All in all - I look forward to getting my Magic mag with you in it...and cancelling my subscription - as the effects in it this year are garbage....umm...minus yours...for sure ;)

Sep 20, 2008
LOL. stupid magician eyes... i never thought of it like that. why the hell are we gonna take two cards to find one?

i think i need to involve some kidnapping story.. or something like that. something comical. (cause my patter is comical? lol)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results