The one-handed Double Spring.

Sep 1, 2007
even if it was your "creation" you want to have some sort of quality control about your own stuff. if you invent a spring that is THAT messy, it's not something really worth showing to the community. learn to do it really really well and even if it's not your original invention, people will appreciate you sharing it because it's something they've never seen before. however that video had 40 seconds of NOTHING happening, followed by a kind-of 'explosion' of the cards into a big messy pile. I don't think the "spring" aspect of it would even work if your hands were say more than a foot apart.

as for research, I know it can seem daunting to the younger guys because it is an investment of several hundred dollars, but if you don't have the Encyclopedia of Playing Card Flourishes and the 3 companion performance DVDs, you're simply not educated on the subject enough, to say whether you've invented something or not. fyi you can get all this stuff at www.flourishman.com , i would recommend putting it on your christmas list, unless you're jewish, in which case I would say ask for a different DVD for each of the 7 days of chaunakah. shalom! :)

PS just the fact that you're experimenting with new stuff, and getting excited about it, puts you in the top 10th percentile of flourishers... most of them (here at least) spend all their time and effort simply copying other people's simple cuts. if you keep up in the creative direction you're going, you will change the art for the better and I really can't wait to see some of the vids you will come up with.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results