'The Pass': the weird and difficult variants

Sep 2, 2007
London
I just found out that there is quite a not insignificant amount of variants of 'The Pass'. While I'm scouring the Internet for a suitable variant, does anyone know of any difficult or weird variants of The Pass?

Yes I do. Some good resources for pass variants are:

1. The Expert at the Card Table by S W Erdnase
2. Expert Card Technique by Jean Hugard & Frederick Braue
3. Magic Without Apparatus by Camille Gaultier
4. The Amateur Magician's Handbook by Henry Hay
5. Modern Magic by Professor Hoffman
6. Sleight of Hand by Edwin Sachs

Sep 2, 2007
London
I just found out that there is a one handed version of the pass. Erdnase one handed shift, I believe. Is that the only one handed version of the pass?

No. There are several. Of course there's the Charlier Pass, but in nineteenth-century books like Sachs' Sleight of Hand, Hoffman's Modern Magic or Robert-Houdin's Secrets of Conjuring and Magic you'll find several alternative one-hand shifts. If you go through old magazines like the Sphinx and Mahatma there are a few variations on those themes. Then moving into the twentieth century, the Neal Elias one-hand shift is published in The Vernon Chronicles Volume 1 as the Vernon One-Handed Shift, and there are a couple of ideas in Henry Hay's Amateur Magicians Handbook and Camille Gaultier's Magic Without Apparatus. Richard Turner, Kim West, Chad Nelson have one-hand shifts on their respective videos, as do Jo Sevau and Richard Hucko on their Subtle Concepts DVDs. And, to top it all off, I've got a few of my very own!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results