the regal ring chain vs closure?

Dec 28, 2012
niles, MI
opinions on the two I'm curious cause I'm thinking about buying one of these but the regal ring chain is much less expensive and looks like it pretty much does the same thing?

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
opinions on the two I'm curious cause I'm thinking about buying one of these but the regal ring chain is much less expensive and looks like it pretty much does the same thing?

I don't have Regal Ring Chain, so I cannot say what it's like, but I do know how it's done.
Closer and Regal Ring achieve the same effect: you take the ring, you vanish the ring, and now it's on your chain. Closer is much cleaner as it's completely hands off once you vanish the ring. Spectator can take the chain out of your shirt and off your head if you wish, and the chain is still closed when the ring appears, which adds to the impossibility. With Regal Ring, you have to take the chain off, and ring appears on the open chain.
However, with Regal Ring you only have the chain around your neck and you're good to go, as with Closure the gimmick is much larger and it covers half of your body, and it's a hassle to set up every time you leave the house. Also Regal Ring is instant reset which is really important for walk around/table hopping, as with Closure it's like 5 seconds reset, but you cannot do it in front of the spectators. Also it's extremely difficult to do Closure if you're wearing a suit with tucked in shirt. So for best performance, your shirt cannot be tucked in.
BUT, and this is big but (hehe), if you buy Closure, you can do both effects, you can do Closure and Regal Ring. And obviously, if you buy Regal Ring, you can only perform Regal Ring. So Closure is more expensive, but you can do both effects with it, and once it's set up and ready to go, it's much cleaner, although it is pretty bulky and covers half of your body.
Hope that helped.

EDIT: After 5 minutes of thinking, I found a way to make the ring appear on the closed necklace in Regal Ring, and you can allow spectator to pull the necklace out of your shirt too. #proudofmyself

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results