The restless lady / Impromptu card tricks

Apr 1, 2008
Hey guys,

Does anyone know in which book I can find the original Restless Lady (I think it was from Arturo De Ascanio)? Or variantions? I've seen Arnaud Chevrier and Ineski do this trick on youtube.

I'm looking for impromptu card tricks to do. Does anyone know some other good impromptu tricks? I was looking for some good tricks, ending up looking into the Classics.

One of my favorites is Do as I do, Jazzy Aces, Jumping Gemini, ..

Cheers!

Dec 3, 2007
The restless lady can be found in The Magic of Ascanio Book Vol. 3 "More Studies of Card Magic".

My favorite impromptu card effects, while trying to keep to classics, are:

"effect type (version name, from source)",

reset (Invisible thread routine, Small miracles/Red Mirror),
oil and water (Oil and Water, Small Miracles),
Torn and restored card (Ultimate Rip-off, Art of Astonishment 1), (NB! 3/4 of card restored)
cards across (Las Vegas Leaper, Art of Astonishment 1),
card to pocket (Homing card, Card College 2),
biddle trick (Invisible card, Card College 3),
2 card transpo (Time machine, Card college 3),
triumph (Triumph, Card College 3),
cutting to the aces (Miracle aces, Card college 4)
Twisting the aces (Asher Twist, Asher Twist)
ambitious card routine (mix of sources).

Mar 15, 2011
What got my creativity practically purring was Martin Nash's Jacks or Better, the patter works well, the trick works well and (with a few variations) makes a vey impressive bit of table magic
Another is Doctor Daley's Cavorting Aces, and several card to pockets
Ive invented a couple of nice ones, they r practically a necessity when working in a highschool that u go to, when outta the blue anyone could just ask you for a trick
My advice, try to invent your own variations, ideas and tricks, its cheaper, its cool, and eventually you can sell it to other magicians for 10 bucks a pop :)

Apr 1, 2008
thanks man, that's a very helpful comment!

I've bought CC 1 & 2 a long time ago, and I'm thinking about buying 3 & 4 (and maybe 5 :))
Another "impromptu" trick I like is Daniel Madison's Zero Hour (the transpo of a torn off piece of card),
but somehow I really like the classic card tricks like oil and water, card to pocket, ...

Anyway, thanks a lot! I've got a lot I can keep myself busy with ^^

@TricksterG: I'll take a look at those if I find them. I've got a couple of tricks, but I need some good patter :) I don't do it for the money though ;) Although, does anyone here really can make money with this (without getting booked for a gig or performance)? I'm wondering if I could make money, going to bars and just doing tricks..
But in the end, the reactions make it worth all of the effort for me :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results