The Rice Papers by Homer Liwag

Sean.Cinco

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Orlando, FL
www.seancinco.com
As many of you know, this is Homer's set of notes that he just released on his site. It has three effects (Body Contact, All Fogged Up, and Marksmanship). I'm not going to give a detailed description of the effects since the detailed descriptions are on his website. The instructions that Homer provides are similar to the style of Totally Out of Control (even with the faceless man doing the tricks). The tricks aren't taught in explicit detail, but it's definitely enough to fully learn each effect. With that said, here's a basic review of each trick.

Body Contact - this is a routine based around a giant contact lens and then producing a pair of glasses. This is a routine for someone who enjoys doing jumbo coin work as some of the moves (even the size of the lens) are relatively the same size as a jumbo coin.

All Fogged Up - This is a four stage appearance of a coin based off of a Richard Kaufman routine. This is good for people who like to do some heavy sleight of hand. It doesn't sound too difficult as I haven't taken the time to make the gaffs for this trick. Intermediate to advanced sleight of hand knowledge is recommended.

Marksmanship - This one is my favorite routine. It's kind of his version of Re-capped. I believe that this may be the most difficult routine in here due to some clothing restrictions but in my opinion, it's the best routine in the book as it's a seemingly impromptu trick using a sharpie. He teaches you how to make a gimmick for the compressed sharpie (inspired by Sankey). I don't think it's necessary to make the gimmick if you're in an impromptu setting, but it does add a really really nice touch when you go to expand the sharpie. You can see Homer perform an (almost) impromptu version of it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AW0a6IIGx0 (note: there's a couple F-bombs dropped in the video.)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results