The Royal Road to Card Magic - THE Review

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
So I've been doing advance card magic for 15 years.:rolleyes: Should I get this.;)

You haven't been doing advanced card magic for 15 years... otherwise you'd be wiser and already have it. ;)

Hmm, I think I shall get this too. I would like to see the difference in teachings and different tricks taught in each book.

I'm sure it will be money well spent!

Sep 6, 2007
First I will say, very impressive and well done job
kudos
second, this will push me to finally work through the book if not skim it more efficiently. I have had it for a while, but like someone else said, I started through it got bored and went elsewhere. But now I am convinced I should go back and try again.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
First I will say, very impressive and well done job
kudos
second, this will push me to finally work through the book if not skim it more efficiently. I have had it for a while, but like someone else said, I started through it got bored and went elsewhere. But now I am convinced I should go back and try again.

Thank you for the compliments- they mean a lot.

Yesterday, on the Ellusionist forums I found out that after I had posted the original version of this review on Penguin over a year ago, somebody had copied it and posted it on Ellusionist, claiming it as their own.

I just recently got around to joining Ellusionist (or becoming active there, I should say), so I just got the review posted about two weeks ago.

Well, yesterday, somebody found the review that someone stole from me, and accused me of stealing (which it did look like I did), but I provided them with the links to my original review, and it all sorted out.

I can't believe that someone would steal my review and claim it as their own... I guess that means it's that good, so I'll take it as a compliment. :D

Anyway- I am glad that you enjoyed the review, but I'm even more happy that you've decided to to work your way back through the book. Congratulations, and have fun!

Jan 27, 2008
Lol you have a lot of time on your hands... I did not read the review because I am lazy and my friend owns this book... I can just borrow if off him, I already know it's good.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Lol you have a lot of time on your hands... I did not read the review because I am lazy and my friend owns this book... I can just borrow if off him, I already know it's good.

I actually wrote this a little over a year ago. I don't have AS much time on my hands, now.

I just think you're jealous because I write better reviews than you. :cool:

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Hey Adjones, I must say a big congrats (with a cherry on top) for writing this review. it is what I would call 'rather thorough'. Seriously, I dunno how you managed it. I officially give this review 10/10. If only I hadn't just spent all my money...

I just realised that I haven't touched a deck of cards for over half an hour. Excuse me whilst I run around panicking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Hey Adjones, I must say a big congrats (with a cherry on top) for writing this review. it is what I would call 'rather thorough'. Seriously, I dunno how you managed it. I officially give this review 10/10. If only I hadn't just spent all my money...

I just realised that I haven't touched a deck of cards for over half an hour. Excuse me whilst I run around panicking.

Thanks, man. I actually wrote it last Summer, so all I had to do was copy and paste. :D

Jun 29, 2009
I really enjoy this review. Imagining the time and thought it took to put this together should be reason enough to get the book.

I mean, you will not see this amount of work put into an unworthy book.

I do own the book, and i'm in the process of buying Card College.

Oct 21, 2007
Wow. Great review. I read the first few post and then scrolled down to the bottom. How long did it take to write it? Funny thing is I ordered the book a few days ago.

May 1, 2009
UK
The Royal Road To Card Magic

Nice review This was the first book i got when i first started learning Card Magic. Roberto Giobbi's Card College as well as DVDs, where not out. The Card College is for both the beginning student & a retraining course for the experienced card magician who may have picked up some inferior techniques during previous study. The Card College blows The Royal Road To Card Magic clean out of the water, The Card College is by far the most complete course in Card Magic ever published. Plus there's two CD-Roms Ebooks Roberto Giobbi's Card College Volume 1-2, Iam not saying the The Royal Road isn't any good because it is for a beginner. But If your serious about your Card Magic beginner or not the Card College is the book to study from.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Thanks for the compliments- I'm glad the review was useful. Like I've said before, the point of the review wasn't really so everybody would read every word, but just so that they could at least scroll through it and get an idea of the sheer amount of material in this book. Again, thanks for the compliments!

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
Awesome review. I would pick this up when I go to a book store or find it online. It has a lot of material and most of them I like it a lot. I will pick this up when I get the chances.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results