The Slowest Pass in the World - Jonah Pass

May 30, 2010
Australia
Hi guys,

It's me again. And here's a short performance video of my take on the classic pass. Unlike other passes that should be done swiftly and in lightning speed, mine can be done slowly and can still be as invisible. I had done this a lot of times, and had over a year of refining. I won't claim its my new discovery, just my take on the "Classic Pass"

Hope you all enjoy and comment.

-Anthony
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3REq9gi20-s

Jul 14, 2010
Croatia
I have to praise you for some nice thinking, but this version is much more angle sensitive than a swiftly done pass, which is practically angle-proof. So, interesting, but not really useful compared to the classic version.

Last edited by a moderator:
This isn't really a take on the Classic Pass. Your pass is a Hermann pass. I encourage the thinking, but I'm sure that many magicians have used "your" version of cleaning up before, just as a way of handling the cards. Your performance does look clean, though. Good job on using it well.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
This isn't really a take on the Classic Pass. Your pass is a Hermann pass. I encourage the thinking, but I'm sure that many magicians have used "your" version of cleaning up before, just as a way of handling the cards. Your performance does look clean, though. Good job on using it well.

Looks good. Since the the time a magician uses a pass is a transition phase in the magic effect, the spectator should never be looking at your hands in the first place. Alot of times I like to straight up cut the deck on the break or charlier cut in the open since eyes are on where I deviate attention or up at me. So I definitely like the idea of a slow paced pass like this.

Apr 20, 2010
For a slow classic pass, see West Coast Slow by R. Paul Wilson. He sells the PDF on his site.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results