The System

Oct 9, 2008
Gardena,CA
ok so iv been in magic for 3 years now and i really like the way flourishes look so was wondering should i get the system by the buck twins i need some reviews cuz i dont know wat to do cuz i went to D&D web site and im waiting for andthensome to come out and i looked at there on demand section and i like akira,mecka,eko,and tectonic verb they look like the style i would do and they look fairly easy to me so wat should i do?

I recommend Dangerous disk two.

I suck at flourishing (More of a magician) And Dangerous has a couple of easy flourishes. They also have hard ones, but you can graduate from the ones there, to a harder flourish. I don't know much about flourishing, so I don't know if this is good advice.

Oct 9, 2008
Gardena,CA
I recommend Dangerous disk two.

I suck at flourishing (More of a magician) And Dangerous has a couple of easy flourishes. They also have hard ones, but you can graduate from the ones there, to a harder flourish. I don't know much about flourishing, so I don't know if this is good advice.

thanks dude

If you want flourishes then thats fine, but what the buck twins do is closer to juggling or perhaps magic masturbation.

I syble. It gets amazing responses from my audiences but that's about as advanced as I get. Simply because I don't NEED to do anything more.

Average Joe out there has no clue what a one handed cut looks like, they can't perform it, and are usually impressed with one in action.

The Buck Twins are GODS at their craft. You could devote 5 years of intense study to their craft and not even come close to duplicating their skill level. They are simply amazing. But they amaze us as magicians. For laymen, I think it's just too much of a good thing. It gets to a point where Joe Blow just gets saturated with the amazing dexterity.

If you want to flourish there are other probably less expensive works out there that won't frustrate you to all hell and back, and achieve the results you are looking for.

But with that being said, if you are the kind of person that wants to learn from some of the best in the business, then their DVDs are money well spent. As pointed out though: Their work isn't for beginners. Proceed with caution.

Kinda gotta feal this one out on your own I'm afraid.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
If you want flourishes then thats fine, but what the buck twins do is closer to juggling or perhaps magic masturbation.

And they like it, so I do ask, what is wrong with masturbation?

Anyway. The best and generally agreed upon ways to start off in flourishing is either XB - Xtreme Beginners or The Encyclopedia of Playing Card Flourishes. Yes, you could fiddly around with other DVDs and maybe even get a few flourishes down if you're a natural at it - but from personal experience, you'll learn them a LOT easier if you get good at the basics. What could take 4 months to get down initially, will take a month a year down the track - I've learned this from personal experience, so that's my advice.

Aug 7, 2008
XB didnt teach em squat. i started off with the trilogy...only becuase i had no other flourishing DVD <.< but i managed to get a few down, all if i had the dedication to learn all.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
And they like it, so I do ask, what is wrong with masturbation?

Wait. Did I enter the worng site address??

Anywho, I think you should start with XB. At least buy one of the dvd's, even if you are a hardcore theory11 fanboy, Daniel Madison is in there, so you can chill.

Once you learn some flourishing 101, try out either some of the 1on1's here, or Dangerous Motion - like was said before - with that disk alone you can progress form begginer to expert. It's just a matter of practise!

Gustav

PS: aKira and Tectonic Verb are not begginer flourishes. By far. They are 'damnitihateyouihateyouihateyouandimgonnacutyouupintopieces' flourishes.

That is, until you're practised enough. Or have a shred of patience.

Gustav. Fo real.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results