The Ten Theories?

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
well i was just trying to make one up lol...

a sense of comunity?:rolleyes: rofl...

i dunno ask JB, though its a pretty vague question that can be answered with many more questions...

Oct 3, 2007
germany
I would say that theory 11's brings the theory of performance and acting to the table. Meaning that the performance of an effect is nearly as (or more) important as the effect itself.

Zep.

Sep 1, 2007
11.marketing

.. nah im just kidding something more along the lines of:

11.evolution or
11.progression

Definitely marketing, lol. They could've though or more, but theory11 sounds better than if you used any other number around that. I mean something like theory12 or theory9 just doesn't sound as good, right? theory11 just rolls of the tongue.

Dec 28, 2007
Finland
Thats exatly what I've been thinking. What's so great and new in Theory11? Cool sounding name, and a couple of visual effects. I don't see how t11 brings the existing ten "theories" of magic into a new level. Or how does t11 unite the magicians?

Logically thinking, Theory11 is a online magic marketing company, that makes money by selling effects. So, nothing new. Only a couple of visual effects.

Dec 28, 2007
Finland
I searched the other thread, but I didn't find anything.

Who mentioned these ten theories of magic? Who invented them? And when?

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
I think the video on the main page says what Theory11 means, to the artists anyway. Also, the interviews on the artist page says what they think also. See what turns up.

Sep 1, 2007
on Theory11.
This has been discussed extensively in the past. The search feature is often VERY helpful!

http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?t=2000

Mitchell

Ok. This has bothered me for a while. Theories 1-10: Are they really "theories?" I mean, when I think of a theory, things like Darwin's Theory of Evolution come to mind. A theory is a thought that is yet to be proven. Stuff like, "Whouldn't that be cool if that were real?" What is the theory of production, levitation, animation, vanishing, penetration, etc.?

Jack

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2007
Decatur, GA
A theory is a thought that is yet to be proven. Stuff like, "Whouldn't that be cool if that were real?" What is the theory of production, levitation, animation, vanishing, penetration, etc.?

Well you kind of answered part of your own question "Wouldn't it be cool if production, transformation, animation, levitation... etc. were real?" The theory being that a magician has the "power" or skill to do these things(I think). I know that the T11 artists say they want to make magic a progressive art (in that it should always be moving forward). What is their theory? I'm seeing more of a mission statement than anything else.

Whoever said marketing (I forgot after this reply page opened) is on to something. You have to admit that their ability to create that level of hype around a product is nothing short of magic.

Cheers!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results