The ZLog - My Web Series

Oct 9, 2008
Gardena,CA
He has money and connections. Enough to get into the magic castle.

(again, not meaning to offend anyone, just telling the things as I see them.)

thats not true Zach pays for everything he does and has out of his own pocket and you don't need money or connections to get into the castle because i got in and i'm doing the same thing and i had no help...so know what your talking about before you talk

Last edited by a moderator:

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
all im gonna say is i made this about 242 days ago http://twitpic.com/q1b35 and the variation came a while after so if oliver or whatever his name is made it before that then ok but still a display is just like anything in magic people come up with the same ideas and tricks and don't know until someone addresses it but it is original to me and were going to keep the video up that is all

I think you guys should be respectful about that and if you are not taking down the tutorial for whatever reason you want...still you should give credit him or at least point out that you or he came out with a variation...

that would be the right way to go I believe..

Aug 31, 2007
Hey guys,

Yesterday I uploaded 2 new videos, one being the ZLog, and the other being a new short film I made with my friend Omar called "a day in the life of :: A Magician". I was planning on filming the ZTorial and uploading it yesterday, but myself, as well as my friends got pepper sprayed by a road raged driver in Venice, so our plans changed a bit. Check out what we've got right now:

a day in the life of :: A Magician:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7MsuvqDOOc

The ZLog:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqa8HF-x_p8

~Zach

Jun 10, 2010
Hey guys,

Yesterday I uploaded 2 new videos, one being the ZLog, and the other being a new short film I made with my friend Omar called "a day in the life of :: A Magician". I was planning on filming the ZTorial and uploading it yesterday, but myself, as well as my friends got peppers prayed by a road raged driver in Venice, so our plans changed a bit. Check out what we've got right now:

The ZLog:

~Zach

By peppers prayed, I'm assuming you mean pepper-sprayed? If so, ouch. I hope you gave him hell for that.

Jan 21, 2009
Question mate. How are you getting along filming out there? I hear they've been pretty strict on street performers lately.

Hey guys,

Yesterday I uploaded 2 new videos, one being the ZLog, and the other being a new short film I made with my friend Omar called "a day in the life of :: A Magician". I was planning on filming the ZTorial and uploading it yesterday, but myself, as well as my friends got pepper sprayed by a road raged driver in Venice, so our plans changed a bit. Check out what we've got right now:

The ZLog:

~Zach

Jun 10, 2010
Yeah, he drove off. But it sucked pretty bad.

Venice has got some stuff going, man. Those dudes are like apollo robbins, some of them can steal your purse off your arm without you even realizing it...:confused:

Anyways, Zach, what do you use to record/edit your videos? I'm looking for a good camera, just for vidding street performances and practicing for me and my friends, and you seem to have a really great one :)

Jun 10, 2010
And still, my point has yet to be addressed...knowing this place its gonna get locked.

Flourishers reading this- Imagine you come up with a cut...pretty cool cut, you like doing it, and your proud to say you created it...you have put it in videos, people know you created it, it does you well...then zachmonky comes in a couple months later and posts a tutorial for the exact same cut...he created it independently, so he can post a tutorial right?

Magicians reading this- K, same scenario...lets say you come up with a color change or control, you use it a lot, its established in the community that the change belongs to you....yet zachmonky roles around a posts a tutorial on it...he created it independently, sure its a couple months later, but who cares, he didn't know.

If I made a thread of myself eating friggin whip cream, it'd get locked and forgotten...if I made a tutorial of something thats already been done, it would be removed or bashed...now I remember why I left this place

I agree with you, wholeheartedly.

There are only so many notes in music, so many genres in music, so many letters in the alphabet. It should be damn near impossible to create something that:
1) Has never been created before
2) Doesn't use another flourish as the basis

Same thing applies to magic..

Before saying something is yours, you should fully research it to make sure it is completely original. Zach may have done that, he just didn't find the other flourish/trick in question.

Hasn't this arguement (both sides) been repeated before, like 1000 times? I'm surprised - I've seen it in quite a few threads here on theory11..

Aug 31, 2007
Hey guys,

To Blaireau, yes it is very strict filming there, they kicked us out of the Hollywood & Highland mall, which is silly because you can film with a little Flip camera, but not with a DSLR with mic, etc. But there is a certain line on the boulevard past which you can film legally.

I have a canon T2i. It's a dSLR, which means it has interchangeable lenses, so you can get different looks for your videos. I edit with FCP. To be honest it is a big hassle to shoot with DSLRs because the files are huge, you have to convert them to edit them, and it ends up being easier to just shoot with an HV20.

About the ZTorial, I have messaged both Oliver and Poporanger about the matter, and so far Oliver said he understood our intentions, still waiting to here back from Leon, but I will be giving them credits in the end of the video.

Thanks!

~Zach

Jun 10, 2010
Hey guys,

To Blaireau, yes it is very strict filming there, they kicked us out of the Hollywood & Highland mall, which is silly because you can film with a little Flip camera, but not with a DSLR with mic, etc. But there is a certain line on the boulevard past which you can film legally.

I have a canon T2i. It's a dSLR, which means it has interchangeable lenses, so you can get different looks for your videos. I edit with FCP. To be honest it is a big hassle to shoot with DSLRs because the files are huge, you have to convert them to edit them, and it ends up being easier to just shoot with an HV20.

About the ZTorial, I have messaged both Oliver and Poporanger about the matter, and so far Oliver said he understood our intentions, still waiting to here back from Leon, but I will be giving them credits in the end of the video.

Thanks!

~Zach

Thanks about the camera information, I'll look into that.

Regarding a flip camera, the flip video company has some "UltraHD" camera, it's about 200 dollars and can hold up to 2 hours of video storage. Do you have any experience with those, as far as how the quality goes?

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Hey guys,

Thanks!

~Zach

I suppose you mean Leon, Spain..or some town there in USA...since I am from Leon, Mexico...

BTW...I liked more this videos...I am glad you took criticism about this and obviously you are putting a lot effort on this...congrats man!!

I now ask you to check my journals and give me some criticism...I would really appreciate it!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results