Theatre Show, Advice and Insight (J. Bayme read!)

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Hello Everyone!! it´s been a while since I posted something... but I hope this one gets your attention...

So...I´ve been a magician and recently mentalist from around 7 years now...and I´ve had lots of gigs, events, mistakes, good stories to tell...But I am also an architect, and currently I am 27 years old, so I am eager to do something really diferent...

I have done some public shows before, usually small and not to elaborated, my last one was around 2 years ago, It just take a lot of time to prepare a show...But I think I have make up my mind that I want to go the distance this time..

There is a theater in my city, not to big (around 200-300 people) but It has a lot of history and lots of great artists local and foreign have performed there...it has a long tradition of good artistic people performing there...and I have the chance to perform there for a my biggest show yet...

The show´s name is "Mind Over Matter" and basically that´s the concept of all the show... it combines elements from stage magic and mentalism while everything looks real... lately for almost a year my style is similar to that of The Illusionist (Edward Norton) and my "Dark Magician" style is always present... my shows are minimalist, I don´t use "magic" props like fake flowers, shiny boxes with glitter or colored silks... usually I do my own props (like my own floating table, a canvas, classy looking tables) and while is the show is not of a "Victorian" look... you could say there are some elements of it there...

Now I have performed a lot on stage for this last year, and I wanted to do this show for 3 main reasons...

1.- It´s time for me to actually do something big, while I am fairly famous in my city, I intend to use this show to actually start a tour and sell this show to different locations through my country... you know record it, show it to event planners and then book...

2.- I need a challenge to keep me motivated, since I am tired of doing gigs for other people, I need to do something for me...by me...and to actually prove myself

3.- I need to learn new things, like promoting a show, logistics, and a lot more if I want to make it big in this bussiness...

I have lots of ideas of how to promote it like tv appearences, doing short shows in open locations and famous places here in my city that are very eager to help out, some local magazines and artists that are willing to help me out, etc

Anyway I was hoping to do this show around mid november and have one month and a half to promote it. so, tell me what you think and give advice, I would love to read it specially those ones that have performed on stage and done big shows

message to Jonathan Bayme: Hey man, I saw your trailer for your stage show (I can´t find it anywhere, but I did see it sometimes... Looked great) I want to ask you, do you think is worth it to do a trailer for the show? what advice you can give me into promoting, presenting and enhancing the show? your insight could really help since I have seen you have done this kind of shows...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results