Theory11 needs a new Video Camera

Sep 1, 2007
NO where
Hey guys,

Is it just me or is theory 11's video camera have a problem with focus??

I am watching these newer videos and the camera keeps going in and out of focus.

It is really annoying on a instructional video when I am paying attention very close and I can't seem to focus.

anyone else have a view on this?

Hey guys,

Is it just me or is theory 11's video camera have a problem with focus??

I am watching these newer videos and the camera keeps going in and out of focus.

It is really annoying on a instructional video when I am paying attention very close and I can't seem to focus.

anyone else have a view on this?
This is not the camera, Theory11 uses this as a "style" for their videos. Their cameras are top quality... so it's definitely not a glitch on their camera.

If you have any suggestions for the site or Theory11 in general, post them in this thread: http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?t=2151&highlight=suggestion

Mitchell

It is a Style, its there own Style, and personally I like it.

They dont do it in the main parts which you need to learn a trick or effect, so I see no harm!

As Mitchell said, send through Feedback with a Ticket, and im sure if people agree with you they will also do the same!

Thanks,
Matty

I believe the video cameras used by Theory11 are the Sony HDR-FX1's; the change of focus you speak of is no fault of the camera; if anything I think it could be down to its edit. Much like Matty, I personally quite enjoy this style of video; it makes a difference to the regular day-to-day clips available.

Jordan

I believe the video cameras used by Theory11 are the Sony HDR-FX1's; the change of focus you speak of is no fault of the camera; if anything I think it could be down to its edit. Much like Matty, I personally quite enjoy this style of video; it makes a difference to the regular day-to-day clips available.

Jordan

Yup jordans right...there was a thread on this before too i believe

Please try to stay on topic people. ;) Thank you!

As for your question, Jordan and Matty hit the nail on the head. It is Theory11's style, and it is in large part of the auto-focus on the camera. I have no problem with it, due to the fact everything is in in Hi-Definition and always crystal clear.

It's all about people's different tastes and opinions.

-RA69

Nov 8, 2007
2 Cents...

I get that it's a style, but it's really overdone. The point of a magic video, first and foremost (and almost solely), is to instruct. That's what people are paying for. The rest is icing on the cake. When style is interfering with instruction, even in the slightest, I think it's worth giving a second thought to how much style really needs to be present in the video.

Personally, I don't think chasing a style is worth it on an instructional magic video (that's what indie films are for). More often than not it's going to annoy magicians at home trying to learn the effect more than it is going to impress or entertain them. While it's not a huge deal I am in the boat with those that feel T11's filming style is unnecessary and at times annoying, overdone, and distracting.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results