THIS is how to practice

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
... the pass.

One of the best classic passes around, Fujii Akira of Japan, and his pass practice method.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsJNTeZgxMU

I have seen it in person many times... and it is simply perfect in every way, and I don't like saying that about anything. But, he has definitely put in the time, research, trial and error, and finger weight lifting (as you can see).

Nov 18, 2008
CA
Haha wow. I guess once your pass is perfect with those plates, using actual cards is like nothing. It's such a great idea.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
There is an (well, for those who are serious in magic anyway) article, whose author/title/publication escapes me at the moment (would it be JIS by any chance, since he does seem to be the most obvious first guess for these sorts of things), which argues, from my memory fairly successfully, that Akira Fuji's pass is in fact fundamentally flawed and not at all perfect.

Or maybe it wasn't a formal article, but a blog post? Someone feel free to enlighten me.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Akira's pass isn't perfect but then again it was never meant to fool or impress magicians. It was meant for lay people, which is who he performs for mainly. So I can see why some magicians wouldn't like it or would say that it's flawed.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results