Thoughts on Criss Angel

Aug 14, 2010
I wasn't also at theory11 during 2008. I was reading the first few pages of this thread and it's interesting. I wasn't the one who revived this thread. The person who revived this is at page 20 before William Draven posted.

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
I wasn't also at theory11 during 2008. I was reading the first few pages of this thread and it's interesting. I wasn't the one who revived this thread. The person who revived this is at page 20 before William Draven posted.

I know. It was revived by Brent, a new forum member. I noticed that he's bumped a couple of threads but I don't mind too much since he's new. I'm just letting you guys know that chances are that this thread will break out in argument and it'll get closed. But I could be wrong.

Feb 6, 2011
question,
what exactly does Mr. Angel do?
does he rely on camera tricks or a fake audience or what? /how much of what he does is actual magic. (the type we respect)

Jun 20, 2009
near paris
i think in the magic community everybody knows that criss angel uses camera tricks and stooges, but the point is , he is a good entertainer, of course he's not able to do dan and dave tricks but that's not what laymen are looking for in vegas !
it's like Uri Geller, all the magicians owe him a lot ! they were just jealous because he's famous all over the world with just spoon,keys, and drawing !, he has taken the world by storm !

Jun 10, 2010
question,
what exactly does Mr. Angel do?
does he rely on camera tricks or a fake audience or what? /how much of what he does is actual magic. (the type we respect)

Who gives a sh*t?

Sorry to post on an old-as-hell thread, but guys, seriously. You use secretive methods to accomplish your "magic" too, but when it comes to Criss Angel, 99% of you guys have nothing to say about him but camera tricks. If your Angel arguments made any sense, you guys should also be bashing nearly every stage magician who performs big illusions in the world. And camera tricks is a misnomer - there is nothing special about the camera footage. So here's my advice to you, if you're one of those guys that bashes him: get the f**k off your chair and go into the real world. Think about things that actually matter.

And yes, that was intended to be as rude as it sounded (if not ruder).

EDIT: It's just REALLY annoying to see people talking about him like how he accomplishes anything matters. But I stand by what I said.

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
Who gives a sh*t?

Sorry to post on an old-as-hell thread, but guys, seriously. You use secretive methods to accomplish your "magic" too, but when it comes to Criss Angel, 99% of you guys have nothing to say about him but camera tricks. If your Angel arguments made any sense, you guys should also be bashing nearly every stage magician who performs big illusions in the world. And camera tricks is a misnomer - there is nothing special about the camera footage. So here's my advice to you, if you're one of those guys that bashes him: get the f**k off your chair and go into the real world. Think about things that actually matter.

And yes, that was intended to be as rude as it sounded (if not ruder).

EDIT: It's just REALLY annoying to see people talking about him like how he accomplishes anything matters. But I stand by what I said.

Amen dude!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results