THREAD by Wayne Houchin - Teaser Video

D

Deleted member 2755

It will be,

But at a later date.

Don't know where you heard that, but its wrong.

Thread will not be available at Theory 11. It will be available from most general magic shops and his own website in both DVD and download format.

-Doug

D

Deleted member 2755

The only method I could think of for this seemed kinda dangerous, I mean, thread is sharp, and eyes are delicate, I need them for seeing and stuff.

i agree with you. However, one of my friends a few days ago was jamming with me via webcam. He came up with his own method for Thread that was pure genius. 100% safe and it looks exactly like Wayne's. Is it his method? I don't know.

However, I'll pick this DVD up. (At least the download.) Wayne is very creative and I like Wayne's bizarre magic. I don't do too much bizarre magic and I'm not sure how much I'll do in the future. However, I do occassionally enjoy the freaky stuff.

-Doug

Sep 2, 2007
I think I know the guys you're talking about./ and the only thing is that he got to cocky today and hurt his eye...haha

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
You guys have no idea. I've seen this performed live 3 or 4 times, and it still amazes me. Not sure if I'll pick this up, as it isn't my type of magic, but I recommend it to everyone else.

David

I don't know if I'll get this, I don't really see myself doing it. Though since it's being released, and I'm sure Houchin learned from when Garcia had to pull Warning not to release a trick with shady health and safety, I am quite intrigued with what the method could be. He seems to perform it often, and it looks amazing so it must be some trick.

Not sure if it's worth the money just for the secret though :p

Dec 5, 2007
Wayne posted somewhere that there will be 2 methods on the dvd.

One "Geek" method that he said that he had been performing for almost 10 years or something, that allways had a risk involved in performing it but he had not had any problems to this day with it and then there would be a "Sleight" method only using sleight of hand.

I just hope the sleight method looks just as good as the other method we have seen Wayne performe, i would never risk hurting my eye, even if it was for the greatest trick in the world.

Sep 2, 2007
the sleight methiod will not look as good. Otherwise he would only teach this version because it's less painfiul. and the 'Geek' Method, to my knowlege, is NOT original(other than the mouth thing). it was taught in a book swami/mantra which were two old magazines teaching geek magic and were usually dangerous or tedious. the book was for 21+ only. anyways, if it IS the same method, it hurts ALOT and if you do it wrong, you can screw up your eye.

the sleight methiod will not look as good. Otherwise he would only teach this version because it's less painfiul. and the 'Geek' Method, to my knowlege, is NOT original(other than the mouth thing). it was taught in a book swami/mantra which were two old magazines teaching geek magic and were usually dangerous or tedious. the book was for 21+ only. anyways, if it IS the same method, it hurts ALOT and if you do it wrong, you can screw up your eye.
I'm betting it's a new method. That would make me happy... :p

Mitch

Dec 5, 2007
Since Wayne said that the Geek method always had a risk performing it, it probably is. Also i remember seeing criss angel do this, and his eye looked quit iritated afterwards. So no way im doing it if it is.

Wayne said that that the sleight method and geek method did appear exactley the same. Im hoping this will be something good.

Sep 2, 2007
to the spectator maybe. I think that Sinful and I's friend accidentally came up with the slieght version. I saw a video of sayne performing thread and his eye was irritated aftyerwards. So it's probably the swami/mantra method. plus the mouth thing to look like it's one thread.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results