Thread out of stomach

Jan 11, 2008
france
I am not asking anyone to reveal anything, but i would like to get some recomendations of WHERE i can learn this tricks from (books? dvd's?) more importantly can it be bought online, i dont have a magic shop near me so my only way of getting material is through the internet.

I first saw david blaine do this one, he eats thread and pulls it out his stomach, I have my own methos of doing this but iam curious about the "official" method, since mine doesnt look half as good.

thanks in advance

StormShadow

Banned
Jan 18, 2008
Chris17 is right...it's painful. I have never performed it. I do know 3 different methods to performing it though. I would perform suture from Saw. It's easier to perform, and the effect looks great. I have performed that and I think the reactions will probably be just as good.

Jan 17, 2008
Sask, Canada
Painful???

I'm not quite sure what methods you guys are talking about, but I do the needle and thread from bellybutton on occasions and don't find it painful at all. It takes a bit to set it up, and you have to be careful until you perform the trick, but it's never been painful at all for me.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
I know a method for it, however, it would not be practical.

Your best bet would be to purchase Swami Mantra. Be forewarned that there is a reason it is not sold to anyone under the age of 21.

Hope that helps!
TDA

KatieKenner

that girl who posts videos sometimes / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
Hi! I'm Katie from Left Field,

I feel like having a magician confession about this effect. I was at MagicLive! This summer, and saw this trick performed.

Now I appreciate the effect, if its done by the right person. The gentleman who performed this is a very respected man in his field. Only thing was it totally grossed me out.

This man was a bit over weight (by a bit I mean he was pushing 300lbs at a height of 5'8), sweatier than an eskimo in the desert and had a stomach so hairy that Cookie Monster would be jealous. He also dragged the routine on and on... Waves of nausea quickly came over my body and I had to excuse myself from the group.

If you do this trick. Please please please avoid making these mistakes and keep it classy.

I'm jussayin...

Just another one of my many magical adventures,

Katie

Jan 17, 2008
Sask, Canada
Hi Katie,
Well, I'm only 150lbs, and I don't think there is any classy way of performing this trick. I don't sweat a lot, nor am I hairy. In fact, at my age some of my hair has started to fall out. I'm not sure of all the methods out there but I do perform needle and thread from my belly button, and it groses most people out. I can't imagine any classy way to perform it.

KatieKenner

that girl who posts videos sometimes / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
Don't drag it on... Don't be jumping up and down like a baboon...

That's just something else that guy did that made me feel very uncomfortable. I think without that, you'll be OK in the classiness.

KE

It was just a story... No need to take it to heart.

Jan 17, 2008
Sask, Canada
No worries here. I wasn't taking it to heart. I found your post funny and couldn't resist replying to it. I pictured in my mind what you discribed and felt bad you had to experience that.

Jan 11, 2008
france

Nice story Katie :) I always enjoy these since i am pretty certain iam the only magician in my whole region, its nice to hear stories like these even if theyre gross

technically I shouldnt have the sweaty fat bouncing around thing going on :eek:

unless i wear a fat suit if i purposeley want my audience to throw up :p

but wow... the idea that this trick is painfull sorta makes me more interested (just for the record iam not a masochist) , my method is incredibly simple but very umpractical,and really doesnt look that good. so now Iam very curious about the Swami Mantra. A little pain never killed anyone... no pain no gain i guess

although why do they say not to peform it? anyone know?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results