Thread

Jun 4, 2008
san clemente, ca
i can't seem to find the right thread to use for the geek method. i've tried 100% mercerized cotton thread. is that the right kind? every time i do it burns. can someone tell me if this is the right thread or what thread to use. also where can i purchase the thread. that would be great. thanks.

Sep 1, 2007
Canada
A friend of mine tried it with 100% cotton thread (with the visine) as well, and he told me it still burns =P I think the geek method takes some practice to get your eyes become adjusted to the feeling of the thread.

I'm borrowing the thread from my friend, and I'm not sure where he purchased it. But try looking into your local knitting shop, they should sell a wide variety of threads (including 100% cotton).

-Garry

PiotrJC

Elite Member
Dec 7, 2007
I have been using mercerized cotton thread for the past 3-4 weeks and it doesn't hurt. I do remember that the first 2 or 3 times it did have a bit of weird feeling. Also i put like 2-3 drops of visine on the thread. ;) hope that helps

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I'm fairly generous with the Visine- definitely more than 2-3 drops. I just make sure it's completely soaked, and then go from there. I could have sworn it said not to use Mercerized, but I guess I was wrong, eh?

PiotrJC

Elite Member
Dec 7, 2007
I don't know then because i have been doing it every day for the past 3-4 weeks. Were did you buy your threads? I also don't use the marker because i found a way where it is just as invisible.

nayost

Elite Member
Jun 18, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
why don't you guys go to the protected forum and discuss this? you might be able to get better answers/discussions with out exposing what needs to be done to achieve the slight.

Jun 4, 2008
san clemente, ca
cool. thanks guys. i guess i'll have to practice more. my eyes are just really sensitive. i purchased the dvd the second day it came out and the first few times i tried it hurt and just didn't seem to flow out.
so i'll work on it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results