Tips for getting a pinky break under BOTTOM two cards?

Apr 13, 2023
Hello!
For a trick, I need to get a pinky break under the bottom two cards of the deck.
I haven't had consistent success with some of the methods I've tried.
Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks!
Garrett

JoshL8

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2017
WA state USA
With the deck in dealers grip, move your left pointer finger to the outer right corner on the face of the deck…so pointer finger on the right bottom corner. Hope that makes sense.
Apply pressure with your pointer finger, the back bottom of the deck will start to open up. You can ‘Braille’ with your fingers and feel for 2 cards that way.

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
Another way to try (though you'll generally want to pay attention to Josh): Practice with a 3 card packet. Pull down one card with your pinky just a little bit and while still holding that card pull down a second card with a slightly higher portion of your pinky. There will be about 1/8" between the cards and you can then get a break above the second card. You'll want to bevel the cards a bit so the bottom cards stick out a bit more to the right.

Nov 21, 2022
Those are great methods to get a break. One that might be easier than that but is a little less subtle is when the cards are in left hand dealers grip, come over with your right hand and grab the cards in kind of a dribble grip and flick off the bottom two cards. Then transfer to a pinky break.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results