TKO vs Gecko vs Topit

Aug 16, 2010
Seattle, WA
Hey all!

I'm getting ready to get one of the following: TKO, Gecko, or Topit. In your opinions which is the best, and why? A compare and contrast would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

May 7, 2009
Personally I like the TKO because you can perform it with or without a jacket. I do not find the Gecko very practical, hoever from what ive heard, if you like the Gecko you LOVE it, if you dont, you HATE it. Another cool feature of the TKO, is that you can reproduce the object. An advantage of the Topit however, is that you can vanish larger objects. Its all up to personal preference.

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Like the above post said, I have heard that the Gecko is a love it or hate it kinda thing. I don't think it would be very practical because you can't reproduce whatever you vanished. Ex - Spec: "NO WAY! He just made my phone VANISH! Can I have it back now?" You: *sigh... "hang on..." :(

For TKO, I have heard that it is a worker. I've heard it isn't really for the hobbyist - a real worker would get WAY more mileage out of it. Also, keep in mind, I do believe sewing is involved with installing TKO.

As for Topit, well, I can't comment because I have never researched or read up anything about it. All I know is that you have to have sleeves and you can vanish larger objects than with the TKO.

Dec 20, 2009
Massachusetts
I've seen the TKO, but I don't personally own it. It really is a little extension of an older vanishing idea. It just makes it look a little less conspicuous (not really). I'm not trying to reveal anything here, but if you dress formally, but not formally enough to wear a jacket, you might think the TKO is kind of a waste of money. If you wear formally w/ a jacket, I'd suggest the Gecko. If you don't wear formally at all, I would suggest the TKO.

Don't take my advice too seriously, I don't have any of these, I just know stuff about them.

Jan 26, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
Just to clarify for those who don't know, a topit does not require long sleeves per-se, but it does require a jacket (which is, of course likely to have long sleeves). Also, there are different models for top-its: some would allow you to both produce and vanish objects. Generally speaking, it does require a trip to your local tailor/seamstress to have the topit installed, unless you happen to be very good at sewing.

Jul 13, 2009
Topits have to be built into a jacket. TKO I think needs an actual shirt and if you are a trendy person like me, button up shirts are all the rage! Geko has limitations but if you just need to vanish an object, a pull is the best.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results