TnR Review

C

clarrus

That doesn't work, you don't restore a card into a queen of spades, then give them a jack.

I think our train of thought are on different levels and I really don't want to go into further detail out of fear of exposing. Perhaps T11 should create a forum for people who already bought and know the trick so we can discuss this in further detail.........

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
I would be interested to hear from someone who has performed this live in front of a real audience and the reactions they got with the effect itself. I have seen quite a few comments from people who watched the video and didn't like it or thought there was too much to it or something else. Has anyone who has actually tried this out in a real world setting chimed in yet with a genuine road test of this effect?

--Jim

Sep 1, 2007
UK
I would be interested to hear from someone who has performed this live in front of a real audience and the reactions they got with the effect itself. I have seen quite a few comments from people who watched the video and didn't like it or thought there was too much to it or something else. Has anyone who has actually tried this out in a real world setting chimed in yet with a genuine road test of this effect?

--Jim

I have performed this quite a bit, but not in paid performances...

The response has been pretty good, infact very good... for the most part.
Done as just a straight up T&R is not as strong as a transpo or prediction type presentation, infact it's not very good if done this way as there are some restrictions which make the overall effect not too clean.

The way ive done it is for them to think of a card, i'll then remove the card I think is the one they have in mind... but it's not.
I then do the tearing and restoring and as the last piece is being restored I ask them to name there selection... they name it the card is turned around and shown to be that one.
This got an amazing response.

This won't be for everyone though, like the clean-up etc is just not very good in my opinion, though ive changed this myself.

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
no they can be done over and over again. Also if you are worried about cost MY personal view on it is that a deck of cards cost around $2. This is a hobby of mine i really enjoy and i'm sure most of you guys do also. For me to do a performance i would need 3 decks and i'm set for a really long time. $6 to do a REALLY nice trick over and over again until the next big thing comes out. Also you have extra cards lying around for other tricks that may need it.

Thus I don't see how cost is an issue of the trick at all. I've spent $6 on worse things that arn't fun.

Hope this helps........

I was just asking out of curiosity. Not really planning to purchase this effect.
Plus I have at least 15 bikes around in my house so thats no issue to me.

Sep 1, 2007
I would just like to make a minor revision to my review....

I was doing tricks for a friend and she mentioned tearing up a card and restoring it. So I said, eh, what the hell, why don't I try TnR? I had some ripped up cards on my desk from practicing another Torn and Restored trick, so when she wasn't paying attention I whipped out the TnR gimmick and did it just as a restoration and she flipped. That kind of reinforces what I said before about the effect being fantastic, but I like it a lot more now.

Nov 11, 2007
Dinuba, CA.
APassivePoke,

Just so I'm clear on this. TnR CAN be done as just a restoration of "any" card (like most torn and restored effects), and the "switch in cards" version of the effect can just be optional? Also, are both "versions" taught on the DVD, or is only the "switch" version taught? Hopefully, I'm clear in my questions and you can clarify this for me.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results