To All T11 Artists : Lecture In Australia?

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
Same here i live on the central coast though its quite a drive to sydney but who cares i would love to see them come here oz pearlman was here a while ago i missed it though.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
As great as it would be to see and be a part of it I doubt it would happen. Maybe if they went on holiday here for personal reasons it might be a nice way to make a little spending money, Purely based on cost it would be impractical for an 18 hour flight just to do a few lectures, even at 50 - 100 dollars a head. However if they did something like penguin does with a very limited position, high priced multi sesson two day workshop it may possibly work.

D ICE R - you have no idea at the amount of people who come to the lecture...... you are talking about 50-100 people in one day at 25$ a head..... So looking at a maximum of 2500$ a day... - magic shop cut = possible 1500$ in 2.5 hours.... So much money in it.

Your math fails to understand that Plane Tickets from the USA to Australia are around $2000-$2500 return. For a single artist. They can't be here forever, and I'm pretty sure the magic community isn't really big enough to fill out a week full of lectures at $50 a head. It's a nice idea, but the overhead is really high for what might only earn a few thousand dollars. A nice sum I'm sure, but when they could spend that time making a new DVD that will sell 500 copies on the first day for $30 a pop, it doesn't seem highly likely unless they could get a definate gauge of interest.

Guys...

There are actually quiet a few magicians that come to Australia.

Oz, Shoot (This Month) etc are all constantly coming to Aus.

Obviously not as often as in the states though.

But most when they come down they visit VIC/NSW/SA/WA at least.

You have to remember, they wouldnt just be getting a portion of the ticket prices, they would most probably also do performances when down here (even private ones) aswell as getting paid by the shops they lecture at (as this brings in advertising and customers)

I know for one Chris has been to Australia in the past, and im sure there will be a time in the future the others will also head down.

Im constantly annoying Katie trying to get herself and Chris to come down.

Matt.

Even if a plane ticket costs 2.5 K return, they make well over 5000 dollars... in Aus for 12 hours of work ... Think about it... Hot women + Nice beaches + Interested Magicians = 2500$ profit for 1 weeks stay? I would certainly do it if I were in their shoes, concidering that T11 hypes it up like they do to Waynes lecture at illusions.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results