To Gaff or not to Gaff

Dec 11, 2011
I think that you need both, for the strongest effects you need some gaffs that get's realy amazing reactions likes "LIT", Tnr's and "Fuzion" but they need to be pratical to use and cary on your pocket. for the effects that are not all that stronger you don't need to use gaffs examples are: "cassino royale with cheese", "ambitious card" "triumph", etc...

Jun 1, 2009
Some people do sell just the gimmicks, Aaron Fisher re-released "Panic" (although it is in mandolin back now, but can easily be altered to fit bikes again) and you can buy just the gimmicks (available in blue now!) and get instant access to an online video teaching it, or get the whole DVD package. Justin Miller sells his "Legend" gimmicks separately, although they are incredibly easy to make on your own. However, gimmicks like Eric Jones' "Twizted" are not sold alone, and would be very hard to recreate. It's probably just personal preference of the artist whether or not to sell the gimmicks by themselves.

Personally, I don't mind using gimmicks/gaffs. They can create things near impossible with just sleight of hand. Like stated before though, you shouldn't rely 100% on them. I use Anniversary Waltz all the time when I do walk around, and I don't mind buying an extra double facer deck when I see the reactions I get. A quote by Jamie D. Grant that is in my sig is something I try and view my magic by. In the end it's for the audiences and getting reactions and sending them into wonder and amazement, how that is accomplished - whether it be knuckle busting sleights or practically self working gimmicks - doesn't matter to the audience, just the end result.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results