To learn to Hypnotize...

Aug 2, 2009
Shrewsbury, UK
Ok, well this is my first actual thread since i have been here, so forgive me if it is placed in the wrong section.
I have been doing magic for around 4 & a half years, traditional sorts of things, coins cards etc, but have started learning Mentalism over the last 6 or so months due to the spontaneity of it, and how it seems so much more powerful, as people can't figure it out as easily. Anyway, I'm stalling, what i was meaning to ask was whether anyone could recommend any good ways to learn hypnosis, i have read about The Manchurian Approach, which i am likely to invest in, but would also like some written spiel to back it up, are there any books which fill this criteria?

Mar 12, 2009
The Manchurian Approach is excellent, and Anthony's book Reality is Plastic is also great.

That would probably be one of the best places to start learning about hypnosis.
On the DVD there is also a list of recommended books for further information about hypnosis.

Oct 7, 2009
Hey Guys.

Amit Badiani here from The Manchurian Approach. First of all i would like to thank you all for your comments on The Manchurian Approach. I work very closely with Anthony and will pass him on all the comments.

I am here to help anyone if they need anyhelp regarding hypnosis and dvd so please feel free to email me at info@leicesterhypnotist.co.uk, add me on skype as magicamit or facebook as Amit Badiani.

remember you are the hypnotist.

Amit

Hypnotism is it's own animal. If you are doing a show using it, make sure you take the time to do your pre-talk to set it up correctly.

Also look into the local laws around the area you plan to perform at. I've heard word that some places actually require you to have a license in order to hypnotise someone on stage. I personally haven't confirmed this though. So I'm just saying this as general caution.

Something about it being a pseudo-medical science, or the like.

I've heard good words about the Manchurian method, but I can't really give any more insight as I do not practice the art myself.

Best to you in your quest!

~Draven

Aug 2, 2009
Shrewsbury, UK
The Manchurian Approach is excellent, and Anthony's book Reality is Plastic is also great.

Ah, i heard that was an e-book, is it available in paper/hard back do you know?

Hey Guys.

Amit Badiani here from The Manchurian Approach. First of all i would like to thank you all for your comments on The Manchurian Approach. I work very closely with Anthony and will pass him on all the comments.

I am here to help anyone if they need anyhelp regarding hypnosis and dvd so please feel free to email me at info@leicesterhypnotist.co.uk, add me on skype as magicamit or facebook as Amit Badiani.

remember you are the hypnotist.

Amit

Amit, nice to hear from you, love your youtube videos by the way. Just out of curiosity how did you start, did you learn stage or just perform it for strangers?

Also look into the local laws around the area you plan to perform at. I've heard word that some places actually require you to have a license in order to hypnotise someone on stage. I personally haven't confirmed this though. So I'm just saying this as general caution.

Something about it being a pseudo-medical science, or the like.

~Draven

Wow, didn't know that, i should definitely look into that, i would hate to get arrested mid-show. :p

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
If you want to do it as a stage piece, I can definitely recommend Deeper and Deeper - secrets of Stage Hypnosis by Jonathan Chase. Very good book which contains everything you need to know about stage hypnosis. I will also back up Reality is Plastic, whether you're doing it as a stage piece, as a close up impromptu show or just for fun.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results