Tony Clark In and Out Rope Escape ON SCOUTS

Nov 19, 2010
I'm doing a show for boy scouts in a couple months and i will be on stage. in my routine i perform the in and out rope escape right after fiber optics but never tried on scouts. Im not a scout nor is any of my friends or family. i know full and well the strength of the person doesn't matter but can they tie just about any knot and i can still get out. I would experiment with it but i know none of the knots that the average boy scout would know how to tie.
If anyone here is or ever was a boy scout please tell me some knots you know the name of that you learned or if you know it is a full proof escape with any knot please let me know.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
That should be a great routine. I was actually an Eagle Scout but as far as remembering all of the knots we used to tie over 15 years ago....hmmmm...I would be of zero help. Sorry man. There are lots of knots and I know some would definitely pose a challenge to escape from so remember the Boy Scout motto "Be Prepared".

The knot tying merit badge book would be the same place I would start as well.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
You are looking at this the wrong way in my opinion.

Who cares what knots they tie, all you need to go is use the same methods you always have. Stealing slack or ties like the Keller rope tie that create an amount of slack by design. Remember your are the performer, you should be in control off everything but the knots and you done need to untie them to escape. The only challenge would be the 100ft rope escape but you are not doing that so be in control of the situation.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results