Sep 26, 2015
Hi, I'm from Poland. I wanted to do Tommy Wonder's "Ring, watch and money trick" but to do this I need a topit. I'm thinking to buy a topit on Ebay because In Poland it's unavilable. Only barrier for me is high cost of shipping. I'm a student so I don't have a lot of money. My first question is: what is the difference between cheap topit and expensive topit, and if the cheap topit fulfills his role. And my second question is: Is it possible to make topit on my own? The last question: I was thinking also about Gecko to vanish an egg to Steave Cohen's trick. Would it work?
Thanks for Answers :D

Sep 26, 2015
I forgot to ask... what kind of topit will be the best to Tommy's trick. And can I use a topit not wearing a suit but for example a hoodie?

Aliski30,

A toppit is used specifically with a piece of clothing which has an opening in the front. Even a button up shirt can have the idea of a toppit applied to it. So to answer your question, a hoodie won't do. It is perfectly possible to make your own toppit without buying an expensive DVD or kit. There is little to no difference in the actual design of an expensive/cheap toppit.
The gecko and a toppit, while they can fulfill many similar effects, are different methods entirely and as such have their own list of pros and cons. If you have further questions regarding these devices please feel free to DM me.

Thanks,
Edward

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
The toppit was based on a device used for shop lifting. It isn't something that was created by magicians per se. That said, magicians have added bits and pieces over the years. What you see advertised are probably patterns for toppits that you would still need to take in to a tailor and have installed into a jacket. You still have to provide the materials to make it, much of the time.

Don't worry about the Gecko. I've never met anyone who has bought it who likes it.

If you are looking for a replacement for the toppit, I'd look into the TKO by Jeff Kaylor.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
A topit really needs to be built into the clothing item (rather than just pinned on or temporarily attached). The Ammar design is brilliant and far outweighs other topit designs. I built one into my hoodie back in University, just from my own concept. Worked okay. Since then I bought the Ammar design and the additions to that are fantastic and far more usable (though not necessary - just better). It helps with catching the items, staying open, and retrieval. To be honest, if you understand the concept, I would recommend just playing with the design and trying a bunch of ideas out using some pins and cheap fabric (even just cut up an old t-shirt or towel while you are getting the concept down).Once you have an idea that works for you, pick up the fabric and have it sewn in properly. (Hoodies are tricky because there is only one layer of fabric, so it would show if you sew it. I had to use a fabric adhesive.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results