Transparency Template by Dr Jonathan Royle & guests

tomelderfield

Elite Member
Nov 24, 2012
Buckinghamshire
Well I've just sat through 5 DVDs on hypnosis. I started off knowing very little and now I know... A little bit more.
These DVDs were very hard to watch and stay interested. It is set in what looks like a hired scout hall, and the camera is just one shot that stays still and really isn't the best in quality. The first dvd I felt was dragged out a lot! Although I won't say that it didn't teach some important information. They went on about health and safety, insurance, risk assessment etc etc. I know this is the important stuff but for me it just seemed like these guys just showing off how much they know. I would have preferred for a better learning experience these to have been clear and precise bullet points which were kept to. But instead they just seemed to talk... A lot!
Moving onto the other DVDs is when the hypnosis starts. Johnathan teaching about 33 instant inductions and 12 suggest ability tests. All are easy to follow along with and he doesn't waste time going on about each one, which was nice. I didn't like how often there was pointless (in my opinion) cursing as I just wanted to sit back, relax and learn!
Overall though, I can say I did learn the starting stages to hypnotism, which is a good start! However, despite how much they told me (I don't want to reveal anything here, but basically, they keep going over the 'key thing' to do hypnotism) this is still just a starting stage as I would feel the best way to learn this type of material would have to be be in person withstood help with one on one teaching. I say this as now I have all this knowledge, I would like to be reassured with someone experienced to help me go into my first 'performance'.
Key points from me about these 5 DVDs! Be prepared to sit and watch a lot with little interaction, as it's not possible to do this stuff in your room by yourself unlike a magic sleight of hand move. You will probably take something away from these DVDs, but like I say, it's very long and hard to watch. If you at just starting hypnosis and you are dedicated to learning, then this set could work for you! But overall from me is 5/10

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results