trick idea (original?) please let me know.

cleanentertainer

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2010
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN3SUtrJ7PQ[/video]
I know its not a great performance, but its the originality im worried about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 13, 2013
Hampton Roads, VA
Well, you're right the performance is lacking a bit haha and in the future you might be able to attract more viewers if your video gets right to the trick, instead of making people scroll through five minutes of exposition for a thirty second effect.

The effect is based on a lot of older ideas, I haven't seen anything exactly like it but the overall concept has been around for a while. A couple specific tricks come to mind, but I can't tell you what they are without revealing the method for said tricks haha. Definitely an interesting application of old ideas. However, I'd say you should'nt make the phone appear in the wallet because it becomes much easier to figure out that the 'phone' isn't a phone at all. Also definitely watch your angles more, you flashed a few times.

cleanentertainer

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2010
Thanks for the feedback! Appreciate it. will work on it more :)
Well, you're right the performance is lacking a bit haha and in the future you might be able to attract more viewers if your video gets right to the trick, instead of making people scroll through five minutes of exposition for a thirty second effect.

The effect is based on a lot of older ideas, I haven't seen anything exactly like it but the overall concept has been around for a while. A couple specific tricks come to mind, but I can't tell you what they are without revealing the method for said tricks haha. Definitely an interesting application of old ideas. However, I'd say you should'nt make the phone appear in the wallet because it becomes much easier to figure out that the 'phone' isn't a phone at all. Also definitely watch your angles more, you flashed a few times.

Apr 6, 2011
Lansing, MI
So you need to go purchase Search and Destroy by Aaron Fischer, as well as The Paper Engine by Aaron Fischer. The reason I suggest both of those is for his work on the invisible pass, specifically as far as depth illusions. Then after you watch/read those two thoroughly, get the rest of his work. As every product he has released has EXCELLENT work in it, and nearly every product talks about ideas pertaining to depth illusions, natural handlings, and many other important topics that would specifically help this effect.

Aug 31, 2007
Yeah, I would agree with the guys here - everything needs a lot of work. All of the palming, stealing and loading had decently big flashes as well as your patter seems very rushed, specifically when you needed to do a 'move'. Props to you for thinking inventively, but I don't think any of this would be suitable for a real performance. Keep on practicing!!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results