Tricks with odd backed cards

May 7, 2009
So everyone performs the classic chicago opener, but i was wondering what other tricks do you perform with an odd backed card?

Nov 27, 2009
I've seen methods for a TnR effect with an odd backed card. This could be rather useful especially if you want to do TnR with a borrowed deck. Obviously it's got it's limitations on angles, and if it matters, signatures, but it could be cool. Of course you have to have a good way of getting the odd (stranger card, as I've seen it called) into the deck, but once that's done the effect would be rather simple because it wouldn't matter what deck they gave you, the trick would always work.

Pete Pridanonda

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2009
My favorite effect with an odd backed card is Bizarre Twist by Paul Harris. It's just so visual and gets killer reactions.

May 21, 2011
Bedford, England
I perform an ungimmicked brainwave effect which can be found on Nevermore by Mat La'noire and Dave Forrest. It is definately worth something checking out.

I have my version of Brainwave that uses no gaffs or gimmicks and in theory could use a borrowed deck.

I also have a version of Twisting the Aces I'm working on where the four aces change into a Royal Flush with Different colored backs

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results