Trilogy: Differences, The Vault, and Other Questions

Sep 2, 2007
The DVDs are exactly the same. The reason that buying all three is cheaper -- $75.00 -- is because there is a difference in the packaging, as the Slipcase & Booklet are not included.

Cheers,
JTM

Oh, I thought I was addressing this question.
you said:
Can you gain access to the Vault from both?
But then again I've gotten so little sleep this week that you could have been asking me about North American bullfrogs and you would've gotten that same response :p

No. If you buy the Trilogy from Dave and Dan's site, you get access to an area of videos called 'the Vault' (it's an area that only Trilogy and System owners can see). The same bonus video is in there.

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
Is the teaching on the Trilogy the same as the teaching on The System? I picked up The System recently and am a bit annoyed at how the material is presented.

I am a bit of a slow learner when it comes to flourishes, and I find that even the slow motion options are too fast. It would have been nice if Dan and Dave broke up each of the flourishes and taught them step by step....even with voice overs (which the System doesn't have....it's completely silent while learning the flourishes).

Please tell me the Trilogy doesn't teach the moves the same way as is taught on The System.

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
but.....does it break down the flourishes into smaller parts? or does it just trudge through it at crazy speed like in The System?

Nov 2, 2007
Norway
i dont know how the system is. but its a bit gradual in trilogy. like step 1, then step 2. then step 1 and 2. or something like that dont really remember

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
cool...tha'ts what I'm looking for

in The System....you have 4 options : Fast Overhead, Slow Overhead, Fast Front, Slow Front.... now, slow is a bit misleading...as it's pretty fast in that it doesn't pause after each phase of the flourish.....I have to always pause the DVD or use the A-B repeat function of the player in order to learn them, which I have yet to do, because it's so frustratingly fast .

but.....does it break down the flourishes into smaller parts? or does it just trudge through it at crazy speed like in The System?

In the tricks dvd the bucks talk and explain every sleight perfectly. IN the flourish dvd the flourishes are taught with text. It is organized with a menu that Shows performence and then overview and finally the explanation. The explanation is not muh better than the system. They pause and continue to clear things up. It's like Devo's teaching.In the everything else section, the bucks talk and explain everything. There is also flourishes 101. IThe bucks do not talk buy instead of text they use hand signs. What I mean is they show the cards only and they point the grip youmust be in.

To conclude the trilogy is a must have dvd and whn you buy it you'll know what I mean.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results