Trilogy for beginners?

May 14, 2008
Just started out in the flourishing and magic world and im new to this forum. Wanted to ask whether trilogy would be a good buy for a beginner.

Ive had a few reccommendations in the general magic section of this forum but was left amazed when seeing videos of dan and dave and the trilogy preview.

Also if it is a good investment for me then is there any chance i can get it in England because the shipping and tax charges are high when ordering from the USA.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
May 5, 2008
what flourishes are you currently capable of? When I say "capable", I mean... really good at, like second nature.

###lazydog

Oct 28, 2007
as for flouishes yes, i would say it is nice for beginners even though it is advance level. A lot of people probably would say get xtreme beginners or something but i started off with the trilogy like really started off the only things i new were the spring and some false cuts.

but i guess it depends on how easily you can pick up things, i am a very quick learner so maybe for people who aren't very quick learners you might want to get some thing else.

May 8, 2008
England
See, I really want to be able to learn from the trilogy as well... So, yeah, I want this question answered too...

I sort of don't feel like I'm good enough.. Or that I've been doing this long enough... :eek::eek:

I have read that the teaching standard is excellent and you can pick most of it up so, maybe it would be fine for begininers.

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
I picked up Trilogy while i was a beginner (im between beginner and intermediate now), and i can tell you from my personal expirience, Trilogy is not for beginners. Get something else before Trilogy. I would say that Trilogy is good for people who are about a year into magic.

May 14, 2008
The only source of info and tutorials ive had is from youtube but ive been told not to learn off there due reason already explained by this forum.

But ive been practising alot for the past 2 week and i feel that ive progressed very well in a short amount of time. i cant put names to the moves i can do at the moment but im on tutorial 6 of cardshark88's tutorials, and can perform the flourishes fluently, if that means anything.

As for how quick i am at learninng, i'd say that im in the middle somewhere. Some things i pick up fast and some things i dont.

May 5, 2008
Look, if you want it... get it. T11 has it at a really good price. If you can't keep up right away, then you will eventually get to it. However, any beginner can get a lot out of the "everything else" DVD. I highly suggest it, but just be prepared for a work out. :)

###lazydog

May 14, 2008
As you can see im not experienced at all but i am lost on what tools i need to begin with.

May 5, 2008
a deck of bikes, a brain, two hands, 8 fingers, and 2 thumbs... if you got that? then get creative :)

###lazydog

May 14, 2008
Im sure ive got all the above :)
I might just get trilogy as you said Lazydog because even if i fall behind it will come in use when i get abit more experience with handling cards.

Thanks for your help

Sep 4, 2007
It is a DVD set worth getting. I don't regret spending my money on it. I was an amateur when I got it, and now I think I can consider myself approaching intermediate.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results