Two More Effects & 'Let's Face It' Performance

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for posting a performance of "Let's Face It". I'm pretty sure I know the method, but it looks good and I like how the $100 bill appears to unfold itself.

As for "Flip, Squeeze, WOW!" & "Naked", I'm not sold. Your hands go out of frame too many times ...

As for "Flip, Squeeze, WOW!" & "Naked", I'm not sold. Your hands go out of frame too many times ...

Flip, Squeeze, WOW! - Hands remain on camera.

Naked - First two appearances do show my hands go somewhat and then a bit more off camera, but the shirtless bill pull is 100% on camera (shown later in video).

Thanks for the feedback!

Apr 6, 2011
Lansing, MI
You only share something that you wish to be judged, so I ask again, are you looking to be judged on the quality of your work, or are you wishing for us to simply judge for ourselves whether we want to spend money on your effects or not? Or something entirely different. Id just like to know what your goal is here.

Apr 6, 2011
Lansing, MI
I wish I could post a facepalm meme on here..

By definition, if you are choosing to share something, you are asking for it to be judged. In some form or another. Everything that humans perceive, we judge; it is impossible not too. If can you remember something, at some point it must have been judged by you. In order to understand or remember something, you must classify it, which means you must judge it. Judging is simply appraising something of its qualities. I am so sick of people misunderstanding that word and only knowing it by its most base connotations.

I thought I was just asking a simple question, and regardless of what your intentions were it really is not that hard to give an answer.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
There is a third option. Which is that he has already deemed them good enough to be a gift to the community in general. Therefore he would only be expecting people to bask in his magnificence.

Really, though, if he's not looking for feedback this thread is completely useless.

ChristopherT,

I never once said feedback wasn't welcomed, hence why I posted an unedited performance of 'Let's Face It'. What I am looking for, in all honesty, and once again, feedback is welcomed, is nothing...I just wanted to share a few of my creations with the crowd at Theory11. And I know by saying "nothing," it sounds bad, but by nothing, I mean that I am not looking for you to "bask in my magnificence" or for you to even purchase my effects. I just wanted to share a bit of my creativity and take it from there via this threaded conversation.

Now that I do think further on this, is there anyone here that would like to review one of my effects? I'd be willing to send you a code/coupon for a free download on my site?

It would be greatly appreciated and a free effect for you!

Drop me a personal message if you are interested.

-Pete

I don't want to be a dick, but I feel like I need to draw attention to a certain page on your site.

http://moreapplesaday.com/shop/1-on-1

First of all, using the name 1-on-1 isn't original and may be copyright infringement.
Secondly, you speak very highly of yourself in the description and I've yet to see the evidence to back the claims.

I'm really not trying to bust your balls and I understand you are trying to make money from magic, but your site and your posts here make you seem arrogant.

Sep 1, 2007
What I am looking for, in all honesty, and once again, feedback is welcomed, is nothing...

Don't bull**** a bull****ter.

I just wanted to share a few of my creations with the crowd at Theory11.

At 20 bucks a pop.

or for you to even purchase my effects.

Posting a link to your store tends to undermine that claim. Christ, at least when I plug my books I don't try to hide the fact that I'm trying to put gas in my car.

Josh,

Not at all. May I ask who uses '1 on 1'? (Will change name if need be).

Not trying to sound arrogant and I am sorry if I have come off that way thus far. The one on one is just for additional aid, tips, and etc... I feel there should be no disconnect between the buyer and creator when someone purchases an effect of yours and this is why I offer something beyond the tutorials.

Would you like to review one of my effects for free? (I can send a free coupon code). You don't actually have to review or share anything about the effect if you don't want to, I just think it would help bridge a few of the gaps.

Josh,

Not at all. May I ask who uses '1 on 1'? (Will change name if need be).

Not trying to sound arrogant and I am sorry if I have come off that way thus far. The one on one is just for additional aid, tips, and etc... I feel there should be no disconnect between the buyer and creator when someone purchases an effect of yours and this is why I offer something beyond the tutorials.

Would you like to review one of my effects for free? (I can send a free coupon code). You don't actually have to review or share anything about the effect if you don't want to, I just think it would help bridge a few of the gaps.
This very site uses (or used to use) the term 1-on-1. You should put what you just posted to me on your website. Saying "I feel there should be no disconnect between the buyer and creator when someone purchases an effect" is much better than saying "(You get) all access to my brain and my knowledge pertaining to the chosen effect(s)".

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Lets face looked similar to a standard bill switch. I didn't like how awkward the handling was to it and with the fact that you completely covered the bill a ton of times. Pretty much looks extremely suspicious. There are way better bill changes out there. Specially ones that don't look as awkward or fidgety.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Would you like to review one of my effects for free?

I don't need to even know how they are done to give you a review.

The gimmick on the bill change looks as if you are holding at least three bills. It is way too thick. Your handling is amazingly stiff and as Randy said, you cover the bill too much. I suspect you haven't performed this for a real person because your presentation makes me want to grab the bill and look at it during the effect because anyone will KNOW that there is something you are hiding.

The "Naked" appearance and the "Flip Squeeze Wow" vanish are not effects, but sleights. Again, I suspect you've never performed these for a live audience for various reasons. The fact that you say not everyone can perform this effect in the disclaimer should make anyone very cautious.

Regardless, the presentation seems to be a lot of showing your hands empty and disproving methods... luckily for my audience I don't perform naked. I'm not sure what you were trying with the shoe but the method of producing the coin is obvious to any spectator.

Anyone who wastes $20 on your bill change is an idiot. Get Daniel Garcia's Greed for around $25 or Greg Wilson's Foreign Exchange for around $15. You will be much better off.

As for the appearance and vanish... I'm still laughing that you are charging $20 EACH. Rather than wasting $40 on that, I'd recommend that people get Eric Jones' Metal for $34o r David Roth's Expert Coin Magic DVDs 3 DVD set for 39.

Reality One: Or you can spend 24.95$ on Shaun Robison's Cinch and get a MUCH cleaner, better looking, better performed version of a multi-bill change that ends clean.

Or you can spend $40 bucks on Mark Wilson's Course in Magic, or on a Tarbell book, or on a Card College book, or on Designing Miracles by Ortiz, or on Scripting Magic by Peter something, and come out with more career changing material than you can shake a stick at.

Jan 31, 2013
New York
Thank you for posting a performance of "Let's Face It". I'm pretty sure I know the method,But I am little confused about its copyrights.Any one who knows about it will be highly appreciated for sharing.I ma new member and glad to join this forum.

Thanks to all here.

ip firms australia

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results