Two Questions

Jul 19, 2009
hay guys i have a bunch of question i wanted to ask and these are the top three.

1.What was your proudest moment in magic this could be something like learning an impossible slight(clipshift) or your first real magic performance.

2. i bought the trilogy disk set in one of the tricks its teached the asher twist. now do u think i have the right to perform the asher twist or should i but the dvd.

3. if someone figures out a effect e.g portal does he have the right to perform it like to real people or on youtube.(this has not happened to me i saw this kid say i figured out portal and here is my performance vid)

4. which do u prefer the shepherd change or the dnb spin change and why.

Last edited by a moderator:

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
1. Probably figuring out that I only have two or three amazing effects.

2. The Trilogy teaches a crapload of sleights, and with permission. For every little in-depth nuance, buy the DVD, but if you're happy with a quick understanding, go for it.

3. I'd say no. Pay your respects and cough up a little money. Sometimes this happens accidentally, but you really shouldn't be trying to figure out effects.

Hope it helps.

Ian

Mar 2, 2008
1. Diving board double

2.Yea you bought the information

3.I would say make sure you have it down correctly and fluidly. I say don't perform magic for youtube period. Real magicains dont repeat tricks and youtube ruins all of that.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
1.I would say a performance. I had a good 6 person crowd, everyone enjoying the magic, and one guy asked for one more trick before I go. I told him it won't hit him until I've walked away, but I'm going to give you this pen to hold onto for me. (went towards his front pocket, 'put it in') and told everyone I'll see you guys later, shook hands, and left. It must have been 10 steps before he realized he didn't have the pen...I didn't even turn around when they were screaming over it, just tipped my hat and grinned to myself.

2.If you buy something from a reputable source (D&D, T11, Penguin...etc) then anything on the dvd is supposed to be on the dvd and is okay to use. They all got permission so it makes it okay.

3.I'll put it like this, you can perform any effect you figure out, but only do it live performances. Don't post videos (unless you want criticism, in which you should password it) and never do a trick on television (if you ever get there) without permission from whoever did it. It would probably help you if you were to buy the dvd that contains the effect, but figuring it out is no crime, and I do effects that I figured out a method to all the time. I'm still not sure if they're the same, but inspiration + imagination can create some pretty awesome methods.

oh, and that was 3 questions, not 2. :p

1. I am proud of my overall progression in magic.

2. Don't like the Trilogy, they have maybe two cool effects that are workable for me.

3. If you can figure it out exactly the first time then go ahead, I will admit I would replay something a thousand times trying to figure it out. That's not the reason the videos are up, it's a one time performance really to just show you how it would look. Have respect now for the creators instead of learning from your mistakes the hard way.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
1. See the first thread in my sig. The best magic I have ever performed. It could not have been stronger, to a more special person, or ever repeated, really.

2. Yes. Lee Asher gave permission (at least, I'd assume so, since nothing has been brought up) for the move to be included, and you bought The Trilogy, therefore you have the right to perform it.

3. Ethically, no, he does not have the right. I don't know where this would stand legally, but ethically, he did not buy the effect, he did not compensate the creator for his work, and therefore does not have the right to perform it.

4. Neither. Too magiciany for my liking.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
hay guys i have a bunch of question i wanted to ask and these are the top three.

1.What was your proudest moment in magic this could be something like learning an impossible slight(clipshift) or your first real magic performance.

4. which do u prefer the shepherd change or the dnb spin change and why.

I will only adress these two questions because the other ones were already adressed.

1: There have been a couple of times, when I actually pulled of the clipshift in a performance for the first time was a great moment to me because I actually spent some time practicing and getting every little nuance down, and being able to use something that I worked so hard in, was a great moment.

And of course other times when I have performed that I get either great reactions and memories, or this time when A girl approached me after performance and said" I didn't believed in this kind of things, but I do now" Being able to create that sensation is simply phenomenal.

4:The sheperd change in my opinion doesn't looks "that" clean, it looks fishy, but I imagine it being less angle sensitive rather than the DnD sping change wich in my opinion is more vesatile and looks better, but there is definetly some angle issues regarding that sleight.

Jul 19, 2009
im 14 i dont have a job to pay for everything, this summer i had my mum buy the the whole trilogy,surfaced,system,show off with card,ellusionist ambxious card, royal road t card magic etc so im not really in a position to ask for more. p.s ironcal in my aunts house the roof colased destroyin surface,trilogy and the system so u see.. ( but i still remember some trick and flourishes and my clipshift is coming along well)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 24, 2009
If you think that you figured out an effect, feel free to try it out..... make it your own. Thats how magic lives on and you get 500 different pick a card effects. Remeber the only difference to the effects are how you present it, no audiens cares of wich slieghts you use or how advance it is in real for you to find the card again...it is presentation, presentation... use effects and make them your own....

Couse card magic has about 7 secrets and 500000 way of using them.... make up a all new thing is rare, very rare..... and completly new things are damn hard to figur out.

my english suck...hope you get my point.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results