Un-Gimmicked Tricks Using One Card

May 3, 2008
I have a reputation of being the magician in my classes and lots of the time where teachers hand out individual cards to everyone to decide groups or whatever, people ask me to do something. Until now I have just been boomeranging the card, back palming, tenkai vanish, and spinning the card but those get old very fast. Does anyone know of any tricks that use only one card that aren't gimmicked at all?

Thanks,
Charlie

Aug 18, 2008
You could always do a vanish sequence using tenkai palming. Oz Pearlman has some downloads at penguin magic you should check out.

Oh perhaps invest some money in loops, you can have thoes wherever you go and when ever someone hands you a card just be like tada,
or
you can just say, no and be like. i'll do one later, dont make me do tricks
people are asking you to do tricks, you are doing them a favor, so you have the choice to do so or not.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
-Ben Harris' hoodwinked effect is an excellent T&R card using only one card.
-A vanish and reproduction using the LePaul birdcage vanish, a good handwash and snappy production!
-Vanish it via backpalm.
-A one card thru table effect. If you have some blu-tack placed strategically under your desk at school, you could use Greg Wilson's sweet handling and push the card thru the table :)

CL

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
Paul Harris's Rip Off ( One card torn and restored )

Transpose Use the Ed Marlo snap change to transform it into a coin. Such as in (strange exchange)

Borrow a coin fold it the the card and rip the card in half showing the coins vanished.

There are heaps of ideas just think outside the dodeckahedron

Sep 1, 2007
Are these actual individual playing cards or like blank pieces of card?

If the Latter why dont you have someone think of anything at all and reveal their thought?

If a playing card then how about something like WarpOne

May 3, 2008
Well the main reason I wanted a trick that doesn't harm the cards is because I always have to give the card back. Where can I learn the Ed Marlo Snap Change into Coin?

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
Well the main reason I wanted a trick that doesn't harm the cards is because I always have to give the card back. Where can I learn the Ed Marlo Snap Change into Coin?

It basically method wise the same as a normal snap change except without another card behind there is a coin just try and you will see you need a bit more cover bit it looks visually stunning.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results