Vanishing then appearing cane

Nov 8, 2017
Hello im new to this forum so i dont really know hiw all of this works. Well i have a question and that is. In my show i want to open by walking on to the stage whith a cane striped black and white. I notice a advertisment in fashion newspaper of a guy whith a striped (black and white) pocket square. I change the cane into a zebra silk and put it in my top pocket as a pocket square. I later in the show split the zebra silk to a black and a white silk. And a few tricks later in the show i morph the white and black silk into the zebra silk agin then transform the zebra silk *black and white stripes) into the striped appearing cane to come full circle as an ending. Does anybody know of any good quality appearing and vanishing canes to furfil these requests. Thanck you in advanve.

Nov 8, 2017
Maby was not clear i want a good quality appearing and a good vanishing cane. Can you make a vanishing cane vanish then appear. Or can you make a appearing cane vanish then appear.

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
Maby was not clear i want a good quality appearing and a good vanishing cane. Can you make a vanishing cane vanish then appear. Or can you make a appearing cane vanish then appear.

If I am not mistaken you cannot both banish and produce the same cane using the same mechanic. However you can get two games that look alike then switch them out at some point?

Nov 8, 2017
If I am not mistaken you cannot both banish and produce the same cane using the same mechanic. However you can get two games that look alike then switch them out at some point?

That is what i originally thought aswell but i read on tje cafe that it could be done but it all would look less convincing. I could just start whith a silk to cane effect then later palm of the appearing onr and produce it as a finish. But do you know of any good quality canes whith black and white stripes on em.

I have two canes, a plastic one from Korea and an aluminum one from China. I don't work with canes too much, so in terms of quality, I don't have brands I can compare to. All I can say is that my two canes get the job done. I've always heard good things about Fantasio canes (and they do have striped ones). You can find them on Penguin Magic or another major magic supplies store.

Depending on your budget and experience, look into plastic vs. metal canes. Metal canes are sturdier from what I've read, but need some occasional maintenance to keep it in tip top shape. Plastic ones will do the job done.

I hope that, although I'm not a cane worker, that I was able to help.

Reactions: Tecum
Nov 8, 2017
I would lile to know your opinions guys. Do you thinck changing a striped cane into to silks matching the stripes is more visual i thinck that it makes more sense. But maby changing a black cabe to a black and a white silk is och to. I would love to know youre opinions. Im also thincking about a zebra silk effect. Where i palm the zebra silk put the black and white silks inside of a pull then make a tossing motion upwards relising the pull and at the same time dropping the zebra silk on to the hand that made the tossing motion. Does anyone have experience qhith something simular.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results