Very beginner question.

Feb 22, 2017
Hello, i have a question regarding open end grip and overhand shuffle. I have been doing magic for only few months and i don't know the right way of handling. My question is, do you hold the deck with right thumb and middle finger, or with thumb, middle and ring fingers. I have seen both ways, which is the right?

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
Check out The Royal Road to Card Magic. I think that either way is acceptable so long as you are using the pinky to prevent the cards from falling on the floor. The pinky is important, and so is the cradling of the deck with the left hand. When holding the pack it is extremely vital to do what is comfortable for you. When shedding off packets of cards make sure that your thumb is nearer the edges of the cards , as oppose to when running cards where the thumb should be on the surface of the backs or face of the cards. Once again look at The Royal Road to Card Magic by Jean Hugard and Frederick Braue , it has two sections on the overhand shuffle. Hope this helps.:)

Feb 22, 2017
Thank you, i will stick to the 2 fingers method which is more comfortable for me. I obviously meant right hand, my left hand position is good.

Reactions: Maaz Hasan
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results