Very Visual Coin Through Glass

Sep 1, 2007
Missouri, USA
I posted this at penguin just for people to see and got flamed, i wasnt trying to market this as there nowhere to buy this from yet, if this is a crap product, feel free to tell me or am i just on the recieveing end of people being too loyal to a forum?

"Whatever you do, you need courage. Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising that tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires some of the same courage that a soldier needs. Peace has its victories, but it takes brave men and women to win them."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Peace

Sep 1, 2007
Porthcawl, Wales.
"Whatever you do, you need courage. Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising that tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires some of the same courage that a soldier needs. Peace has its victories, but it takes brave men and women to win them."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Peace

Thank you so much, you are awesome.

Sep 1, 2007
Porthcawl, Wales.
Probably because some of the smarter people on Penguin saw your video and responded. I agree with what they were saying.

You also said that you were not looking to make money on the effect and only sell it for a few dollars. Now, you are talking about having it distributed through magic companies. I guess there goes the idea of it being cheap and you not looking to make money.

Ah sorry dude, you dont get it, i want to mass distribute this so that people get to see this, i dont need the money, if people don't like it thats theres desicion but i'd rather people have the option of seeing the trick, also, hopefully this will inspire creativity, although this is hard to comprehend because some people are being so narrow minded. anyway, thanks for taking the time to reply,

Hope this helps.

Aug 31, 2007
Ah sorry dude, you dont get it, i want to mass distribute this so that people get to see this, i dont need the money, if people don't like it thats theres desicion but i'd rather people have the option of seeing the trick, also, hopefully this will inspire creativity, although this is hard to comprehend because some people are being so narrow minded. anyway, thanks for taking the time to reply,

Hope this helps.

Trust me, the people at penguin are more open minded than anyone here.

Here we go man, The hammer's coming down on you. Make your money off this idea there isn't anything wrong with selling this to fellow magiciains to finance your way to creating new ideas. Magic is expensive and most of us don't live with mom and dad and we have to buy our magic and pay for mortgages. The people burning you are haters and obviously not your supporter's. So do what it takes to get your name out there and be the best that you are. If you burn me I don't care cause I have nothing to prove to the cyber world and I will continue to speak my mind due to whats that thing called , OH yeah the freedom of speech. So I stand behind the T11 members and the furthering of their career in magic.

Shane.

Sep 1, 2007
Porthcawl, Wales.
Here we go man, The hammer's coming down on you. Make your money off this idea there isn't anything wrong with selling this to fellow magiciains to finance your way to creating new ideas. Magic is expensive and most of us don't live with mom and dad and we have to buy our magic and pay for mortgages. The people burning you are haters and obviously not your supporter's. So do what it takes to get your name out there and be the best that you are. If you burn me I don't care cause I have nothing to prove to the cyber world and I will continue to speak my mind due to whats that thing called , OH yeah the freedom of speech. So I stand behind the T11 members and the furthering of their career in magic.

Shane.

Thanks so much man, you words mean alot.

Holy man, this blew up.

It seems like people are shocked by you wanting to market it? I know the method now (I am probably 95 percent sure) and I don't really have an opinion either way but honestly, who doesn't like having money?

He is in no way being greedy and over doing it, He just thought up a decent concept and wants people to know, whats the harm in making a few bucks. If you guys wanna flame someone why dont you try taking a look at upscale magic companies that are selling 20, 30 and upwards items every day. They, believe it or not, are out to make money as well.

Calmer down, seriously.

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
man, do whatever the hell you want, youve got something that looks great, and if you want to make some money on it, hell, do it! its not like selling something like 'revolution' where your overcharging and over-hyping for a trick that has been basically revealed in all beginner magic books, youve created something, and if you want to sell it for a decent price, do it!

Sep 1, 2007
Porthcawl, Wales.
Guys, seriously thank you all so much, you guys have been the people who have given me the confidence to release the effect to all of you, thanks guys, it honestly means a lot.

P.s. in talk with a Big company at the moment, looking very promising, more news soon dudes.

Sep 1, 2007
This effect looks good and has lots of potential. Congratulations on something that I believe to be very simple but looks very convincing.

I have a strong feeling how it works and believe there is huge potential for it.

However, before I would part with my cash I would like to see the following

i) a credible name back your effect. This will increase intrest drastically. Send the full explanation to someone who is respected in the community and get feedback from them. If they say something good, you can attach their name to you add. They may even add some ideas that will make your effect even stronger.

ii) a live performance. Again this will definitely increase interest in your effect.

If you could get these two things, it would give people a lot more comfort with you and your product.

Just my thoughts. Great work once again.

Sep 1, 2007
Porthcawl, Wales.
This effect looks good and has lots of potential. Congratulations on something that I believe to be very simple but looks very convincing.

I have a strong feeling how it works and believe there is huge potential for it.

However, before I would part with my cash I would like to see the following

i) a credible name back your effect. This will increase intrest drastically. Send the full explanation to someone who is respected in the community and get feedback from them. If they say something good, you can attach their name to you add. They may even add some ideas that will make your effect even stronger.

ii) a live performance. Again this will definitely increase interest in your effect.

If you could get these two things, it would give people a lot more comfort with you and your product.

Just my thoughts. Great work once again.

Hey thanks for the response, to answer your questions, all i have to say is this, i am in major talks with a massive company at the moment and things are looking very promising, so that should be enough credibility for any effect, i'll let you guys know who the company is at a later date.

And upon making a deal with this company a proffesional shoot will be arranged and im sure a live performance trailer will be put up.

kool?

Sep 1, 2007
Porthcawl, Wales.
If you weren't looking for money why would you sell it to a magic distributor?

I'm not, I found a company who will produce a top class production for this effect, money comes second, In fact, ive turned down an offer form one company which offered me more on the profits.

seriously, when you find out the company i should be going to making things official with, you'll understand fully how well this is going to be produced for you guys.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
LBarnes I hope the best for you.
Great thinking coming up with the effect.
I've seen some cruddy tricks put out by professionals, yours looks great!
No matter what age you are, your never too young/old to invent a trick, and if it's good enough to be released, release it if you wish to share with the magic community.

Great job LBarnes and I'm looking forward to it!
-DannyT

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Is t11 going to release it as a 1-on-1?

*decides to try and guess at the company - probably because the Centurion hunt has made me try to find clues in everything*

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results