Video Editing Program

Feb 8, 2009
well up until now i used movie maker to edit my video but it allows very basic editing. my quiestion is - what is the best video editing program that its free.
i need one that will allow me more effects and more applications.
so if anyone could tell me wich one ill be thankful.

roy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Effects? Elaborate, please.

That said, you'd be hard-pressed to find good editing software for free. You get what you pay for.

TKH

Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
Imovie is for mac, sounds like hes got a PC. But on that note, get a mac, imovie 09 seems pretty awesome, and if you enjoy imovie, and want to bigger you can get Final cut express.

-Alex

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
On a Mac I would have to say iMovie with iDVD to finalize it.
On a PC I would have to agree that you get what you pay for. I like to use Pinnacle Version 9 and that provides me with more than enough transitions, effects, etc.
Pinnacle is now up to version 12 I believe but it is definitely good software and not too expensive.

Jan 1, 2009
Hmm

Personally I have a pc so I use Sony Vegas for my video editing, and I am now toying with Designer Sound FX to put in design sound. Anyway, juz wanna ask if Sony Vegas is a good video editing software or not?
It seems good to me, but are there any better ones that are value for money and are exceptionally good as compared to vegas?
But if I were you (original poster) I would invest my money in vegas =)

Sep 2, 2007
Wax 2.0 is a GREAT free editing program. it's a little hard to use at first, but you can find tutorials around the 'net.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
If you're serious about moving forward with your editing and you want to take the time to learn how to use it, Sony Vegas is the way to go.

Now, if you for some reason end up getting a Mac, iMovie may be a tad better than WMM, but it still doesn't offer the capabilities of other software. If you get a Mac, invest in Final Cut Express. Only get Final Cut Studio if you are getting pretty serious about your editing.

David

EDIT: Sorry, didn't notice that you specified free programs. It's very difficult to find a quality editing program for free, short of illegal downloading. I've never personally used WAX, but I've heard good things about it so you may want to take Dizzi's advice.

Sep 1, 2007
If you're serious about moving forward with your editing and you want to take the time to learn how to use it, Sony Vegas is the way to go.

Now, if you for some reason end up getting a Mac, iMovie may be a tad better than WMM, but it still doesn't offer the capabilities of other software. If you get a Mac, invest in Final Cut Express. Only get Final Cut Studio if you are getting pretty serious about your editing.

David

EDIT: Sorry, didn't notice that you specified free programs. It's very difficult to find a quality editing program for free, short of illegal downloading. I've never personally used WAX, but I've heard good things about it so you may want to take Dizzi's advice.

That one is really good, but don't overlook Final Cut Studio Pro and Adobe Premiere. Both phenomenal.

Feb 8, 2009
final cut studio runs from 700-1200$ and avid full version is like 1500$ ill try dizzy's advice - thank you guys.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results