Video Stuff....

Oct 16, 2007
Centreville Va
Hey guys i was just wonderin what are some good specs on a video camera cause i want to get one but i dont know what to get... also what is a good video editing software to use also.... thanks for yalls help

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
All of my cameras that I use are Canon's or Sony's. You can get very nice hand held HD quality for a decent price now.

On a mac you can use iMovie which is FREE but very basic or you can do Final Cut Express or Final Cut Pro which are outstanding, but it will take a little bit of learning on your part to become familiar with everything.

On a PC I've used Pinnacle Movie Software which is cheap and gives you a great product, heard of Sony Vegas, and there are a few others.

Adobe Programs ( I think Premier or Effects) is outstanding but I think it is expensive.

Maybe some other members can chime in as this is a topic that comes up a lot.

Nov 10, 2007
I use sony vegas for my videos, it is cheap and works very well. Also get an HD flip camera, pretty affordable and absolutely awesome product for the price, awesome slick design as well.

P.S., look in my signature.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I've heard mixed reviews on the Flips. I was going to get one for X-mas this year but was talked out of it my people who had them and said the quality of HD wasn't as good as what they thought it should have.

I may wait to see what comes out in a few more months.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results