Villain-Ring Flight | Kevin Parker

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Villain-Ring Flight by Kevin Parker

Kevin Parker has created one of the most workable and practical 'Ring Flights'!

IMAGINE borrowing a spectators ring, and causing it to vanish, only to have it IMMEDIATELY reappear on your keychain!

Imagine being able to do this without wires, reels, pulls, or thread. 100% totally impromptu.

Kevin Parker developed a technique to perform the 'Ring Flight' without the needs of any gimmicks; the entire routine being impromptu.

The effects taught are easy to perform and within the grasp of any performer. Kevin takes you to the ins and outs of the effect with step.by.step. instruction.

'Villain' has very good angles, no noise, doesn't have any funny moves involved and most importantly impromptu (with minimal 'set-up' literally taking 2seconds).

Also taught is a version where the ring vanishes and reappears on the spectator's keychain. Although, the 'Spectator's Keychain Version', will need to build a lot of trust from your spectator, but nonetheless, both versions are equally as powerful.

If you carry a keychain with you and love doing the 'Ring Flight' than this is for you.

Once mastered, you'll have a killer on you!

Any ring. Anywhere. Anytime. Always in control. Super clean [start clean, end clean]. And safe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjkPBu0MBWo

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
wow!!! it looks pretty good

where is this available?

I think most of his stuff is way underrated,he is very creative and his new stuff is practical and visual
a lot of people here bash him but some of them are jealous of him because good or bad...his name is out there

Last edited by a moderator:

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
wow!!! it looks pretty good

where is this avaiable?

I think most of his stuff is way underrated,he is very creative and his new stuff is practical and visual

a lot of people here bash him but some of them are jealous of him because good or bad...his name is out there

It will be available very soon.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Unfortunately many magicians will understand the beginnings of the effect. While I'm sure this is okay, I am more interested in the ring flight he had shown a while back, that was open in the hand and instantly vanished with NO cover.

What happened with that?

I can assure you, this gets great reactions.

As for the vanish you're talking about, I do not know.

So you do know? Or you wrote that wrong?

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say it just was bad spelling, no big deal. If possible does the hand have to go up to the head? I'm assuming it does, however I would prefer if it didn't as I could have a killer piece with a lot of spectator participation.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say it just was bad spelling, no big deal. If possible does the hand have to go up to the head? I'm assuming it does, however I would prefer if it didn't as I could have a killer piece with a lot of spectator participation.

Haha...I meant, the vanish that KP used in a previous video (the one you're referring to), is not taught in the video.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Just wanted to say that 'Villain' is now available, as it just hit the shops!

Also, as you can see, my original thread didn't post a link to the site, but rather a performance of 'Villain'.

Just wanted to inform everybody- http://kevinparkerproductions.com/villain.html

I am assuming that the hand doesn't have to go up to the head, watch the video a couple of times and you can see that it isn't needed. I am guessing that he is doing this to remove his hand from the view of the other hand, take out the distration of the spectator looking from hand to hand to find the coin. I doubt that it does but I could be wrong as I don't own this.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
You don't have to take my word for it, here's another review for 'Villain' from the Café:

I started this thread looking for reviews on Villain. I was happy to take Kevin up on his offer.

Villain by Kevin Parker:

Well I have to admit when I first saw the demo of Villain I honestly thought no way there has to be a gimmick involved. I was just awestruck on how this could be accomplished with out some magical intervention. Then I read the add copy and this only added to my disbelief?

“Kevin Parker has created an impromptu ring flight that uses no reels, devices, long sleeves or clothing requirements, weird angles, pulls, or any hook-up that carries the ring to your keyring; it uses no gimmicks whatsoever and is a ring-flight you can do anywhere you go without having to bring anything special with you.”

I’m happy to report that the add copy is true. If you want to vanish a spectator’s ring and have it appear on your key ring then Villain will allow you to do just that with no gimmicks.

First off Kevin teaches Villain not in front of some generic black backdrop in a studio. He does it outdoors with the sun shinning and it was nice change of scenery especially that all I have around me now is cold and snow. Kevin does a thorough job of teaching this ring flight. Villain itself is easy to perform so you can focus on presentation. The method is very clever indeed. I’m working on a routine that will use and experiment with hypnosis to have the ring appear on the spectator’s key ring. Yes Kevin gives you a way to make the ring appear on the spectator’s key ring on the fly.

I find rating magic on a number scale to be subjective. The bottom line for me is this is something I will use as I always have my keys with me. Great for those times when people find out you’re a magician and say show us something.....

Here is where you can get the dvd.

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/villain-by-kevin-parker-dvd-p-10604.html

magicmike30

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Jeff Prace's (creator of 'GUM') thoughts about 'Villain':

Villain by Kevin Parker
http://kevinparkerproductions.com/villain.html

The Pros
Although Kevin repeated (and I do not mean repeat as in to add emphasis, but he forgot he already said it) the instructions too many times, in the end, he did a thorough job teaching and I did not have any trouble learning the effect.

Let's talk about the method. Actually, let me discuss the ad copy a little:

I was very pleased with the method. In all honestly, based on my past experiences, I was somehow expecting this to be a key ring with a hole in it. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the workings, and I immediately commend Kevin for coming up with this. You can do a good looking ring flight using no pulls, reels, or any special props. That's a huge plus!

I have Departure Ring Flight and like it a lot. Though, when I perform, I am not sure if using a reel is my preferred method. I can say with 100% confidence that Villain replaces Departure. There are no funny moves in Villain, and the ring genuinely is attached to the key ring, not just on a clip beside the key ring.

The Cons
This was obviously not a professionally made video. A previous review mentioned he enjoyed the different, outside setting, but I wonder if that was for looks of because they didn't have a studio available. Furthermore, the camera wasn't very high quality and the camera operator was even worse. There were sudden jerks and constant zooming in and out in order to get the best shot. Sadly, the zooming did not get the best shot and it wasn't all that fun to watch. On to Kevin himself. Kevin is unscripted and it shows. He repeats himself often and takes a lot of time to actually think what he is going to say. His repetition was annoying and I didn't like the fact he had to think a lot to explain his material.

Despite the cons I previously stated, I really like this effect. This is an extremely clever method for putting a borrowed ring on a key ring in literally one second. Kevin has an awesome creation on his hands and I'm glad he shared it with us.

-------------------

I would not have any trouble recommending this effect to a friend.

jprace

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Ben Williams' (MagicoftheUnderground) thoughts about 'Villain':

This is a very clever effect, very simple! It is perfect for those occasions when you are out with nothing on you. It will take some practice to perform smoothly but practice is something that every magic trick needs. I really like Kevin's thinking, most of his ideas are organic and simple. The price tag is also a plus, I would definitely recommend this to anyone interested in performing with rings. I perform my own version of ring flight where the ring ends up on my keys all the time, it is one of my all time favourite effects to perform and I found Villain to be both interesting and useful to me.

The vanish is very clever and once again simple, this could definitely be used in any ring routine that you currently perform. Another great routine like this that uses no reels is Sean Fields Northbound, which I also really liked, however I never wear a necklace (the final destination for the ring) and there was an issue I had with the vanish which prevented me from ever performing it like was taught, there was also a setup involved; all of these things are no issue with Villain which makes it a better suited effect to me, although both are great.

However it won't work for every ring you encounter, female rings should be fine but any of the heavier and larger rings you will have a problem with so stay clear. Once you know the secret it will become clear what rings you can prform this with. This shouldn't be an issue though because you don't have to perform the effect until you see a ring that suits, and they aren't uncommon. Also you cannot perform this surrounded, all things to take into account.

With that said I would definitely recommend Villain, it is a great idea, a clever version of ring flight that truly uses no gimmicks and I am thankful it is in my bag of impromptu wonders.

Ben Williams

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Another review for 'Villain' from the Cafe, from 'Mind Melter':

My review:

Villain is an effect that is both simple yet genius at the same time.

It will allow you to take another person's ring, make it vanish and mysteriously re-appear on your keychain. This is an excellent routine that I have performance tested and it totally fries.

The method is very clever and the set-up time is really minimal. You're good to go within moments.

Kevin does an excellent job of breaking down the structure of the routine and really goes in depth with the explanations. I found Villain's instructions were very easy to follow along with.

This is my new 'carry-around' ring-to-keychain effect. I highly recommend it.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Another review for 'Villain' from the Cafe, by dave:

Nechto,had a great review, and I agree with him 100%, I love this effect , it is very close to perfect with the exception of,Not every ring will work,I also like the Tony Clark version, Presto Ring Flight, here any ring will work, but you need that special something.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results