Visual Aspect // Prophet and Extreme Burn

Oct 28, 2007
ok people have been talking about extreame burn looking like prophet and vise versa but to me they look worlds apart yeah extreame burn looks nice with no cover but truthfully they both have the exact same amount of cover at least from what i've seen in the extreame burn preview he has to take it off screen or maybe that was an accident but why not reshoot it? i'm not trying to compare which is better because i don't have either and we don't know much about prophet but it seems that the level surprise is much different because i've heard nothing but good things about extreame burn but when i saw it i was not like what the **** it was like wow that was pretty cool but prophet when i see this i jump a little because it is so surprising even if i know what is happening and i'm not saying this becuase i am a t11 fanboy it is just amazing good looking, what do you think?

Deryn

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
www.instagram.com
wall o' text

In response to the thread, you're right.. to an extent but perhaps Tom has a completely different way and probably cleaner way of accomplishing this effect. We'll have to wait and find out.

ok people have been talking about extreame burn looking like prophet and vise versa but to me they look worlds apart yeah extreame burn looks nice with no cover but truthfully they both have the exact same amount of cover at least from what i've seen in the extreame burn preview he has to take it off screen or maybe that was an accident but why not reshoot it? i'm not trying to compare which is better because i don't have either and we don't know much about prophet but it seems that the level surprise is much different because i've heard nothing but good things about extreame burn but when i saw it i was not like what the **** it was like wow that was pretty cool but prophet when i see this i jump a little because it is so surprising even if i know what is happening and i'm not saying this becuase i am a t11 fanboy it is just amazing good looking, what do you think?

What is Extreme Burn?

Sep 6, 2007
To me I dont see a difference really. I'll have to wait to see more of Prophet. I would buy from here first due to knowing the quality is just a little better.

Shane

I guess you don't know Richard Sanders and the quality of the items he puts out. If I if was into coin magic, then I would definitely go for Extreme Burn over Prophet.

I guess you don't know Richard Sanders and the quality of the items he puts out. If I if was into coin magic, then I would definitely go for Extreme Burn over Prophet.

Actually your right I dont own any of Sanders stuff thats my point I'll stay with what I know unless some good reviews are available to sway my decision. I'll check out the reviews to make my decision.

Shane

Last edited by a moderator:
Saying that Sander's quality is sub par just because you don't own anything from him is silly. I and countless others can contest to the quality of his products, all of which are good.

I think Extreme Burn wins the bet here, and I don't understand what you are talking about on the "out of camera" changes. I've watched the demo twice and it looks insane. I don't own it but I do own slow burn and know the principal behind it.

I believe that theory11 had already signed a contract with Tom and then shot the material but Richard released his first. If Prophet had came out before Extreme burn, it would have done better than it will do. I'm not saying it will do bad because some people here will buy up anything and everything this site puts out, so they will definitly have some sales.

As far as this being better in any way, I highly doubt there is anything new except for the change. The gimmick and the handling all look the same.

Maybe you misunderstood me but I wasn't saying his material was sub par. My previous response spelled that out. But I'll clear it up again. Just cause I don't have Sander's stuff doesn't mean I don't know who he or that he is a good magician just I know if I have a problem with quality T11 will take care of it for me.

Thanks,

Shane:)

Oct 28, 2007
i don't know if it is just me but extreame burn just isn't amazing to me i have watched it a couple times and it just doesn't have a big surprising impace event the first time i watched it.
and it seems obvious too obvious

KevinReylek

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
NY
www.newyorkmagicproject.com
Naturally, it's difficult to say very much about Prophet, as we've only seen a brief clip of it. Hopefully we'll see a bit more with future previews.

For Extreme Burn, I will say that the demo video almost doesn't do it justice. Any time that Richard's hands go off-screen is purely accident. He doesn't go offscreen to accomplish any dirty work.

I received Extreme Burn exactly one week ago. Watched it that Saturday, made the gimmick on Sunday, and have been working with it since. The DVD is very thorough, the gimmick is easy to make, the trick is pretty darn easy to perform, and it looks GREAT!

Richard covers several different ways to handle to bills, from counting, to setting up for the change, to the actual changes themselves. There are options for when you're 100% surrounded, and options that are great for one-on-one.

Now, I've heard from some people who saw Tom perform Prophet at the Castle that it's a very good looking effect.

However, I can say that I think it's going to be very hard for anyone to beat out what Richard's done with Extreme Burn, in terms of detail, visualness, practicality, and ease of use. It's one of the best effects I've purchased in years, and I'm already getting great reactions from it.

Fingers crossed for Prophet being great, but Extreme Burn is gonna be a tough act to follow.

Aug 31, 2007
I agree with Kevin. If Prophet was released slightly earlier, I'm positive it would have been a strong(er) hit. I just received Extreme Burn today and I see it as a product that will be extremely hard to top. I have all of the different versions of this type of trick and Extreme Burn has blown them all out of the water. Richard's underground change made me laugh in amazement.

I like theory11, I just have to say the timing was off on this product. That's it. I'm sure it will be a worthwhile product, but topping Extreme Burn is something I think will be very difficult.

Sep 3, 2007
I'm gonna go ahead and hop on the bandwagon of people who are saying that had Prophet come first, it would have done better than it will probably do. But c'mon; Richard Sanders is a well reputed magician who has released several extremely good products. If you're afraid of quality, you're not doing Sanders any justice. I can't see him as half-assing the production value of any of his products; he's just doesn't come across as that kind of guy. He's got phenomenal sleight of hand and a terrific sense of humor; what's not to like?

My conjecture: you're "sticking with what you know" because you're on the younger side and like the gritty, new-age grunge style of Theory11. You like how hip the website is and enjoy hearing the cool, slightly creepy music playing in the background as these magicians you have come to know through this site talk about cool effects. As a result, you become an absolute fanboy of this site, which in and of itself is not necessarily a bad thing; the issue is when you overlook other magicians simply because they're not on this site.

Extreme Burn comes with several variations and honestly looks spectacular. If I were to use "real magic" to change the denominations of currency, I think this is the way I would want to do it. We're so used to covering things, making sure not to flash and that angles are completely safe, because there's always some dirty work to cover up. But to simply flick the bills, or to just throw them from one hand into the other, and have them change? It really doesn't get much more visual.

Theory11 is a great site. But to say that other products, other sites, other magicians simply don't live up? Make sure you know who and what you're talking about. In all honesty, T11 is a young site. While I'm sure everybody here is working extra hard to make everything work seamlessly, I would be much more shocked if Sanders screwed up on quality than if T11 did; Richard Sanders has been releasing products for quite some time.

On a side note, commas and periods don't hurt to use. In fact, a lot of the time they tend to help. If English is not your first language and I'm simply being a pretentious ass, I apologize. But if that's not the case, you should know better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 31, 2007
It seems like this is going to take a miracle to make this live up to the hype. I think this may turn out even worse than the Centurions. The Centurions IMO definitely did not live up to the 100 page hype and mysteries. The main reason that they turned out bad, the Guardians. With cards those great and which such a great demand, the expectations were extremely high, especially with that hype. They are great cards, but the Guardians were what made them bad. Theory 11 messed up on this one.

I think Prophet is the same. Prophet seems like a good trick (even though we don't technically know what it is), but with Extreme Burn, it's pointless. It's going to flop, and many won't care about it. If it honestly is just the same Hundy 500 kind of plot, I have to say that Theory 11 is already advertising themselves to failure.

If it turns out to be this plot, they messed up on the trailer. They leaked to much, they already gave us too much of the effect. It would be a lot more effective if they just showed reactions and him spreading the ones, then after some blurriness and spec reactions, he reveals the hundreds. Later, they can show a trailer showing how visual the trick is, kind of like they did with TnR.

Also, the description killed it:

The most insanely visual bill change yet released.

BILL CHANGE?!?! Oh no! So many people got turned off right there. Why would they think of writing that, whenever people are discussing what the effect could be, and they're all hoping that it "isn't just another bill change" because it would be a huge disappointment. Really, it would have been better to say:

A visual, hard hitting bill effect created by Tom Isaacson.

I don't know how they can turn it around if the trick is infact what we all think it is. I think there could be a few things to help it look a lot better. But, for the most part, it looked as if they trucked up here. The little things can make a big difference. Although Theory 11 had amazing hype for a while, ever since the Centurions, it looks as if the usual hype T11 does is making their effects flop. The crazy treasure hunts may be fun, but they extremely raise the expectations. Even the original whatistheory11 hype didn't turn out as well. They were many disappointments with it. Only a few things were really "goodly hyped". Here's a little list that rates how successful Theory 11 hyped their products, which just contains my opinions:

1. Theory 11 opening, What Is Theory 11 (Includes tricks like Distortion and Panic) Okay
2. Guardians Good
3. Witness Good
4. TnR Okay
5. Control Good
6. Centurions Bad

See The decline?

Really, I believe that Prophet will be a flop, unless it actually turns out to be something different. But if it isn't different, it will be hard for T11 to fix their mistakes.

While i want to agree with you, you have to remember there are people here that will literally scoop up anything that is offered to them. If their marketing and hype works out right, they will get sales.

Anyways, thats the last im going to post on any of this. Only time will tell on what does and does not happen.

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
i dont even think this thread should exist until we know more about prophet....

maybe theres no gimmicks, maybe theres something revolutionary about it, or maybe theres not and its the same as E.B, but until we know, theres not much point discussing it... :)

Sep 2, 2007
I truly enjoy the easy money plot and have been doing some research for a while. I also knew about hundy and heiny 500 but i held off buying them because i wasn't sure if it was feasible (bill size, different currency, number of bills needed to 'make the miracle' etc) then i saw Extreme Burn and my jaws just dropped!

But STILL i did not buy it straight away because i know T11 is ALSO going to be releasing a money-plot effect. I read all the reviews on magic cafe and it was very positive and on top of that Richard Sanders have a very good reputation both as a magician and also a magic creator!

Factors i will consider between EB and prophet will be:
1) Cost of the effect (if prophet is retailing cheaper than EB its a big plus)
2) Angles during performance
3) Construction of gimmick (is it similar to hundy/ heiny/ slowburn)
4) Clean-ness. If prophet ends super clean and all bills can be examined, it would TRULY be revolutionary...i think people who own any easy-money plot effects will know what i'm talking about

I will wait and see. Cheers!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results