Voting starts - any trick by Dan & Dave Buck - XCMentalist vs MagicJohnny

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
Oh goodness gracious me.

XCMentalist, do you realise that you shouldn't actually do a trick until it's thoroughly practiced?

I mean, you did the movements right, but there were so many tiny errors.

The double lift looked really hesitant, as if you were doing something fishy. You should be striving to look perfectly natural.
Also, you do realise that silver surfing the double down the spread is used as a convincer. Your double was placed so painfully far down the spread, it didn't even slide. It didn't look good, at all.
When you're positioning cards on top of the left hand packet, you do realise it's an action you're supposed to smooth over, because there really is no motivation for you to place cards there. You should, under no circumstances, pause, and then place the cards on top, it puts far too much focus on it. You should ideally be placing the few cards on top of it when you place the X-card in the right hand spread.
Also, your break was painfully obvious. Even people not looking for it would see it.

Practice that over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Please don't perform, let alone film, anything unless it is completely practiced and you can do it perfectly every single time.

I'm starting to agree with RDC about this forum truly dying.

Johnny, yours was fine. Do you have any vids of you performing it live?

Dec 28, 2008
Please practice more XCmentalist: that performance was so typical magic kid youtube sort of thing.
Got to be MagicJohnny.
-Adam

Aug 2, 2008
Cincinnati
Sorry, but I can't vote on this one. XCMentalist needs to practice waaaaaaaaaaaay more. We all have tricks that look like that but we don't perform them until they are close to perfect. Magic Johnny, you Tivo was pretty good, but I am so tired of seeing it again and again. I can't vote.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
MAgic johnny:

good work, everything was fluid, althought I was expecting another trick, Im tired of tivo, I voted for you...

XCMentalist:

I hate you, I'll be kind and I'll make a little list kindly telling you some things...

*Learn how to properly spread a deck, there was a lot fo a curve there, it messed your flow when grabbing a card.

*Learn how to handle a Double, while making it look like a card.

*Learn how to properly grab cards with your right hand

*Without patter, I don't see a reason for you to grab cards from the spread, there is no motivation for it, it looks fishy, that's why I dont like this trick that much.

*LEARN TO PRACTICE

Jesus, well, I have seen a lot of people messing their tricks, congratulations to you, you were able to do a messy version of the trick WHILE EXPOSING THE WHOLE METHOD, not everyone can do that.Kudos to you.

That's all im gonna say.

First off, MagicJohnny, being german isn't an excuse for not doing live performances, think about it, in all of your vids, you don't even talk at all and we still get the trick! Why should it matter if it is in german? look at RDCs vids, almost all of them are live, and he is speaking spanish. I don't care what language you're speaking, it's pretty obvious that you have the skill to do the trick, and we would all love to see you perform. Good job on the trick though, voted for you.

annd for XCMentalist........I second everything in RDCs post.....

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Harsh, although mostly true.

If you want to come out and play with the big boys, bring your big boots.

G

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results