WARNING - A New Magic Trick from KostyaMagic

May 9, 2008
Sorry, don't like it. If it doesn't fool me, then I don't want it. I figured it out in 2 seconds.

"WOWEEEEE he turned the lighter over to expose the second label! NO WAY!"

Jun 22, 2009
Sorry, don't like it. If it doesn't fool me, then I don't want it. I figured it out in 2 seconds.

Its not about how easy it looks to you. Its about how you convince the audience what you are telling them. So its going to look different in your eyes then to someone else that does not perform magic.

I have the same habit of breaking down a trick once the presentation starts. Horrible to do because you skip past the actual beauty of a trick.

plus DG said:

"Fun, fantastic, f@$&!#% unbelievable!"
- Daniel Garcia

:D

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Its not about how easy it looks to you. Its about how you convince the audience what you are telling them. So its going to look different in your eyes then to someone else that does not perform magic.

I have the same habit of breaking down a trick once the presentation starts. Horrible to do because you skip past the actual beauty of a trick.

plus DG said:

"Fun, fantastic, f@$&!#% unbelievable!"
- Daniel Garcia

:D

Cause if someone famous says so, it must be good!

But seriously, I do actually agree with you. Sorry about that, I couldn't resist saying it, but I agree. Magicians are shocking at seeing through the eyes of laymen. Being a mentalist, I can definitely say that I would never perform this, but it looks interesting. It's hardly the definitive word on meaningful magic or emotional hooks, but certainly for table hopping at restaurant gigs it would work as an opener, which can lead into everything else. Normally, I instantly pass over anything I don't feel has the potential for those two things I mentioned above, but for openers and for restaurant gigs, you can be more lax.

Sep 10, 2008
YES! Kostya performed this for everyone at Tannen's Magic camp. It is VERY cool and visual. I recommend you buy it.

Sep 10, 2008

If you think this way, you shouldn't even be a magician. You sound like a heckler right now. It doesn't matter if it fools you or not. Many Jay Sankey effects are easy to figure out by a magician, but they fry spectators just as well as any effect that would leave YOU bewildered.

Aug 31, 2007
Guys this thread is going the completely wrong direction. If you don't like the effect for your own reasons, then either keep your opinions to yourself, or state them in a way that doesn't completely and totally expose and BASH the effect. OK?

I personally met Kostya at magic live, and in person, it is unbelievable. He has the timing down so well, that while the label is STILL burning he rubs it across the lighter, and it looks like it just fuses back on.

I personally love it, and own it, but if you guys HAVE to be state your negative opinion, please say it in a way that doesn't expose or bash the effect.

Lets keep these boards positive please,

~Zach

May 3, 2008
Um...that looked...okay. I don't see what's so great about this trick. I figured it out after watching it once. I just had to rewind to double-check. I don't get why everyone thinks it looks so great. It seems kinda obvious to me.

However, although I don't think this is quite worth $20 it still does look pretty visual if you don't know how it's done. I guess maybe the only reason I could figure it out was because I'm a magician.

Dec 16, 2008
Austin, TX
Um...that looked...okay. I don't see what's so great about this trick. I figured it out after watching it once. I just had to rewind to double-check. I don't get why everyone thinks it looks so great. It seems kinda obvious to me.

However, although I don't think this is quite worth $20 it still does look pretty visual if you don't know how it's done. I guess maybe the only reason I could figure it out was because I'm a magician.

But you have to think of what the spectator is seeing. They're seeing you fuse a label that you just burnt in your hands BACK onto that lighter. The fact that it's really simple just makes it a better effect. (in my opinion) If you do it right, I'm sure nobody will notice, otherwise it wouldn't be a marketed effect.

Aug 18, 2008
I think its a brilliant idea, and a great simple method. I really like the idea of pulling a lighter out anytime and performing this, and ending oh so clean. I also think it would be entertaining if any hecklers tried the trick for themselves.

Jun 22, 2009
I think its a brilliant idea, and a great simple method. I really like the idea of pulling a lighter out anytime and performing this, and ending oh so clean. I also think it would be entertaining if any hecklers tried the trick for themselves.

Exactly! Simple, no real clean up, impromptu basically, and a great opener.

"I also think it would be entertaining if any hecklers tried the trick for themselves."

I can think of a few from the thread here lol.

Jun 22, 2009
Apologies if this link has already been posted, but this performance linked to on iTricks is a way better demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL58fdNFWnE

Yeah, it's not a magician fooler, but after being initially disappointed as to what this is, I've come around to thinking it's a pretty cool idea and will pick it up.

He was set up way better in that one. Awesome performance. I have been in touch with him and have given some insight on some tips I came up with and he will be including them in the explanation. This is currently my top 5 favorite tricks to do on the street.

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
I love the look of this effect and am seriously considering getting it.

But my goodness, this thread is just absolutely ridiculous.

To all you people who think it's too obvious:
-Do you use double lifts? well you shouldn't. they're crap. I'm not fooled by them, so you shouldn't do them.
-Do you use misdirection? well you shouldn't. it's crap. I never get misdirected whenever a magician uses it, so you shouldn't use it at all.
-Do use retentions for sponge balls or coins? well you shouldn't. they're crap. I know what happens every time a magician uses a retention.
etc.

Get all your magic equipment, put it in a big pile, and set fire to it all. It'd be better off than being in your hands.

Peace.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results