Watch Stealing

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
Yes I know you did not directly say I was homeless, and I said that I was not. My whole point is why take the chance of possibly breaking somebodies watch when there are so many other tricks to do that do not risk breaking somebodies object.

thank you for being such an expert on watch stealing. now we will never steal watches, thanks to your advice, because you have obviously had years of experience in the field.

F

fizzypopo8005

thank you for being such an expert on watch stealing. now we will never steal watches, thanks to your advice, because you have obviously had years of experience in the field.

Hahahaha man you're a tool. I'm not an expert on watch stealing...it doesn't take an "expert" to know that YOU CAN BREAK A WATCH, AND A MAGICAN CANNOT PREVENT IT FROM HAPPENING.

Apr 15, 2009
New Jersey
Hahahaha man you're a tool. I'm not an expert on watch stealing...it doesn't take an "expert" to know that YOU CAN BREAK A WATCH, AND A MAGICAN CANNOT PREVENT IT FROM HAPPENING.

Alright, we get it, you can break a watch. So you'll go around NOT doing watch stealing, and people who do wanna do watch stealing WILL go around stealing people's watches. Problem solved. It's all a matter of opinion whether magicians want to, or don't want to, perform watch stealing

F

fizzypopo8005

Alright, we get it, you can break a watch. So you'll go around NOT doing watch stealing, and people who do wanna do watch stealing WILL go around stealing people's watches. Problem solved. It's all a matter of opinion whether magicians want to, or don't want to, perform watch stealing

Look who decides to come up in here and save the day.

I'm surprised no one recommended Chappy Brazil's work. His Watch Steal Video/DVD is essentially the first go-to resource available on the topic of stealing watches. If I remember correctly, some magic shops even take a percentage of the sale and donate it to his family, because he died a few years back in a sudden motorcycle accident. It's a shame too; he was an [excellent] performer and you definitely see his talent on the DVD. I remember seeing him perform on The Science of Magic television special when I was younger, and I was absolutely awe-stricken. He was ahead of his time, and I believe his watch-stealing DVD is still the most credible resource available on the topic.

And for the record, I'm not a fan of the Coats/Byrd products. Their methods lack choreography and natural smoothness that Chappy Brazil demonstrates. Chappy Brazil made watch stealing magical, because he had perfect logic and misdirection in his technique. I found that Coats and Byrd typically mandhandled their spectators making the steal absolutely transparent.

Chappy Brazil. Highly recommended.

RS.

Jun 22, 2009
Yes I know you did not directly say I was homeless, and I said that I was not. My whole point is why take the chance of possibly breaking somebodies watch when there are so many other tricks to do that do not risk breaking somebodies object.

I dont get why you would even go into a thread where somebody WANTS to steal a watch when you think its bad. You made your point OVER AND OVER AND OVER. We get it. I think your involved a little bit to much with this thread when it really doesnt relate to your own views on this topic.

Oct 22, 2008
Look who decides to come up in here and save the day.

yah more than u are. He makes a perfect point. On the forums there are alot of debates about tricks etc. and debates don't always need to involve intense fighting and name calling like a jerk and a tool. You are being extremely harsh and about breaking watches is all your opinion. My opinion and alot of others on this thread is it is creative and good. Like above why did u even come into this thread if it is about someone wanting to do it. If you are so intense about people not doing this trick all because "They will break the watch" blahh blahh than make your own clinic. lol but all because of you probably this thread will be closed soon, so can we please get back on topic and give good sources to watch stealing like the kid WANTS.

Thank you,

Jake

F

fizzypopo8005

I dont get why you would even go into a thread where somebody WANTS to steal a watch when you think its bad. You made your point OVER AND OVER AND OVER. We get it. I think your involved a little bit to much with this thread when it really doesnt relate to your own views on this topic.

I'm telling him my opinion on watch stealing to give him a warning because maybe he did not realize bad things could happen...why would you not recommend certain things to people before they buy them? There are reasons.

Jun 22, 2009
I'm telling him my opinion on watch stealing to give him a warning because maybe he did not realize bad things could happen...why would you not recommend certain things to people before they buy them? There are reasons.

You did that the first post. Everything after that was you just repeating its a bad idea. The thread is about watch stealing simple as that, so why do you have to keep stating your view on it? I think he gets it...

F

fizzypopo8005

You did that the first post. Everything after that was you just repeating its a bad idea. The thread is about watch stealing simple as that, so why do you have to keep stating your view on it? I think he gets it...

I stated about 3 or 4 reasons why not to do watch steals. So really I did not repeat myself.

Jun 22, 2009
I stated about 3 or 4 reasons why not to do watch steals. So really I did not repeat myself.
fizzypopo8005 said:
Don't bother, you could break their watch and have to replace it.
fizzypopo8005 said:
I guess he'll have fun breaking watches.
fizzypopo8005 said:
they'll think of you as a "thief" or whatever.It's not magic, they know you did it, they just do not know when...
fizzypopo8005 said:
If you know what you're doing, regardless of what you do, you can still break the watch easily...
fizzypopo8005 said:
Bad examples man, I am not talking about a thousand ways to die here, i'm talking about breaking their watch...

fizzypopo8005 said:
My whole point is why take the chance of possibly breaking somebodies watch....

fizzypopo8005 said:
I am not homeless you fool...if you think expensive watches cannot break easily, you are sadly mistaken you arrogant little punk.

fizzypopo8005 said:
I'm just saying, if you want to do pick-pocketing or whatever, it's not a magic trick, you stole their watch, then you give it back.

fizzypopo8005 said:
YOU CAN BREAK A WATCH, AND A MAGICAN CANNOT PREVENT IT FROM HAPPENING.

All the same thing, except you think stealing a watch makes you a thief. The majority of your posts are bashing other people for not agreeing with you.

So wait... can a watch break while you steal it? :D

In all seriousness, for those genuinely interested in the technique and methodology of watch stealing, take a look back to my post which was unfortunately buried in this nonsense argument. Chappy Brazil was a qualified expert in the watch steal, and he managed to make it one of the most magical pieces of his repertoire.

For those who don't believe watch stealing can really be considered magic, I urge you all to look at Chappy Brazil's techniques. His choreography is inherently justfied and hides all the necessary moments. Using his methods, I've had people believe their watches simply vanished off their wrists! Also, take a look back to Blaine's beginnings. Remember the effect with the lady's watch in the jewelry shop window? Having the watch reappear in an impossible location can make any standard steal look and feel like a completely new MAGICAL effect. I think it's an underused technique in modern magic that deserves some more recognition.

RS.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results